upset parrot for no reason?

OgY

Aug 1, 2022
Media
Albums
Parrots
Eastern Rosella
My parrot, otherwise cheerful, playful and with a great appetite, these days unexpectedly makes loud noises for short periods and seems scared. At the same time, there is no obvious external stimulus. Does any of you, more experienced, have an idea what could be the reason? thanks in advance, greetings

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Parrots just gonna make noise sometimes, maybe for sheer joy to be alive. People should try it sometimes! Very liberating.

Reactions: OgY

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
My African Grey Bella was acting strange yesterday and the night before (Thursday).

Thursday evening she fell from her perch or toy (I don’t know what she was doing at the time).
not super rare but it it doesn’t happen often.
Then Friday she was very hyper.
She likes to sit on the top of the bath door and on Friday she was practically running back and forth across the door.

I checked for earthquake and nothing close by at those times.

must be something in the air.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Sometimes a weather change will upset my birds. I think barometric pressure may affect them.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My parrot, otherwise cheerful, playful and with a great appetite, these days unexpectedly makes loud noises for short periods and seems scared. At the same time, there is no obvious external stimulus. Does any of you, more experienced, have an idea what could be the reason? thanks in advance, greetings
Your rosella is beautiful!

• Winner

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Re-reading the thread, I do remember one night when Salty was acting just terrified at all the tricks and props we use for training. I called the session off because he was literally jumping off the table and acting scared. He was fine the next day though.

Most Reactions

Latest posts