Uugh. Caught Jet mating with his barely weaned baby.

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
The baby (about 6 months) has been seperated and the mating was stopped. It wont be allowed to happen again. The baby is going to I guess Her new home next week.

I thought he and Rex were bonded and going to be monogamous.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
They may be bonded, but cockatiels are not monogamous. Glad you put a stop to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Thanks Dani. Baby is adjusting to cage life. Its probably a good thing because she will be spending more time in her cage at her new home.

Well honestly considerably more since shes been cage free since she fledged.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
It's tough when they make choices that we would prefer they didn't; like mating with offspring). But you are doing your best. Hopefully her new home will love her as much as you do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Im sure they will. Im picky about where my babies go. Shes going to my best friends dad.

Most Reactions

Latest posts