Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
This morning our morning routine was going as usual when the lawn crew showed up. They spooked Venus the fearless. She tried to fly from her cage by the window and disappeared. I spent 10 minutes looking for her (she spends the majority of her day outside her cage). I finally got on my hands and knees, looking under the couch and love seat. Now when I get down like this, I have two pugs and a bulldog in my face and while in their mosh pit, my little redhead appeared in the middle of the pack. She is now velcroe do to my shoulder, lol. Note to self, new Venus spot, under the love seat, lol.

Hahaha! Poor Venus. I guess lawn maintenance people can be an intimidating lot with all that mower noise and such. Even to so fearless an ekkie as Lady Venus!

Just to throw this out there, though, keep in mind that some females can get VERY nesty. Though she's young yet, you might want to try and discourage her from going into any dark, concealed areas that she can view as a nesting site. She could potentially become rather... unpleasant when defending her area. Not to mention possibly triggering other hormonal behaviors.

Hahaha! Poor Venus. I guess lawn maintenance people can be an intimidating lot with all that mower noise and such. Even to so fearless an ekkie as Lady Venus!

Just to throw this out there, though, keep in mind that some females can get VERY nesty. Though she's young yet, you might want to try and discourage her from going into any dark, concealed areas that she can view as a nesting site. She could potentially become rather... unpleasant when defending her area. Not to mention possibly triggering other hormonal behaviors.

Ohhhh I've been worried about her desire to nest and lay eggs, when it's going to show up. In the late 90s, I had a tiel I named Sam, was told Sam was a boy but read it's not that easy to tell, so generic name. One night Sam was laying in the corner of his cage, panting and when I tried to interact with him, he hissed and lunged at me. I had no clue what was going on and thought Sam might not be around in the morning. I didn't have the funds to take him to the ER vet so I made him comfortable, prayed and went to bed. The next morning I checked on Sam and the devil was in his cage. Sam lunged at me and there was an egg in the corner. Me, "Sam! You're a girl!!!" Sam didn't care, lol. But after that, Sam kept laying eggs so I had to address that. Not much info on the internet but I was so worried about her depleting her calcium.

So now Venus, this is the second time she's gone under the love seat, same spot so while cleaning I pulled the love seat away and made sure I cleaned and vacuumed well. I didn't see any surprises left like nesting but I've got my eye on her. Sam was so nasty and here sweet Venus, man when she says no, you better look out! I do not look forward to the day she turns into Ms. Hyde.

I hear you! Personally, I just don't allow Maya onto the floor.

On the rare occasions that she's managed to get down there, she makes a beeline for the area beneath the nearest couch. Once there, she'll bite anyone who is not me and tries to remove her. Lol! So I just discourage it altogether.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back