VERY QUICK IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOUT POPCORN

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
If your bird is sitting with his eyes partly closed and being quiet and fluffed, it can be a sign of sickness. If he just does this occasionally then it is just a facial expression.

Does your bird otherwise seem tired or sick? Is he too quiet?

OP
SafamirzašŸ¤

SafamirzašŸ¤

Mar 26, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
If your bird is sitting with his eyes partly closed and being quiet and fluffed, it can be a sign of sickness. If he just does this occasionally then it is just a facial expression.

Does your bird otherwise seem tired or sick? Is he too quie
In the morning he is VERY loud and during the afternoon he gets really active and plays around and whistles, but recently every time I sit with him and don't do anything, just let him sit on my lap or shoulder, he gets very quiet, squints his eyes, and looks tired and sleepy. (But not super fluffed up in a sick way.) He's also eating properly and is active but gets quiet and squints his eyes occasionally every day recently when it's super quiet and no one is bothering him.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
In the morning he is VERY loud and during the afternoon he gets really active and plays around and whistles, but recently every time I sit with him and don't do anything, just let him sit on my lap or shoulder, he gets very quiet, squints his eyes, and looks tired and sleepy. (But not super fluffed up in a sick way.) He's also eating properly and is active but gets quiet and squints his eyes occasionally every day recently when it's super quiet and no one is bothering him.
This is normal. Birds like naps.

What it means is the bird trusts you enough to fall asleep on you.

This is a GOOD sign!

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
I bought an air popper so I could make lighter popcorn for me AND my birds. But I think a little oil used to heat the kernels isnā€™t the end of the world.

Also you can put a couple tablespoons of popcorn šŸæ in a brown paper bag with one staple and pop it in a microwave. You can find directions to do that online.

Maybe Kiko wants HIS OWN PIECE. My Lucy always wanted her OWN CHEERIO, and not an ā€œoā€ that someone broke off.

Popcorn questions are ALWAYS exciting and important! What could be more important than popcorn?
Wouldn't the staple break the microwave

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Wouldn't the staple break the microwave
Somehow one staple is ok. If you used two staples, the electricity would arc between the staples and damage the microwave.

I donā€™t know why, but it works. Iā€™ve made bird popcorn and diet popcorn like this.

I donā€™t have the amounts of corn to use and the time, but I know you can find it online. I used to use this some years ago.

Most Reactions

Latest posts