Vet

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
I tried toweling her... and I still got my cherry flavored benadryl shower HAHA ...

oh, bummer. the little shagmeister is being a little difficult, eh? well, let us know how the pb sandy works!!

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
OMG I toweled her the other day and she was gripping that towel like her life depended on it... hahaha, me and my mother were laughing so hard we almost had tears running down our face :D Cricket... yeah she didnt find it as funny as we did

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oooooooo she'll make ya suffer for that :D Bet her and my two will team up to get us humans back for all the nasty things we're doing to them. :D

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
oh she did LOL... belevie me, I might end up being called "nine fingered chi"
me and Minzer could form a club :p

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Now I've thought about this long and hard, "The nine fingered membership"

Think I'll pass up on that one, thanks anyway. :D

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Ok toweling has been getting easier, she still spits it some.
I give it to her both ways, on food in the morning and in the afternoon she gets a toweling

I have also got her some parrot "lotion" from kaytee (forget what it is called)... and I towel her for that because I want to get it under her wings. I will let you know how that goes as well

:20:

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Chi, I'm glad the toweling is becoming a bit easier. Let us know how the lotion works for you, too.

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Well it hasnt been easy on the poor towel though :04:

I picture this poor little piece of terry cloth, shredded confetti style, connected only with scant thread while steam pipes out of lil Cricket's nare and ears! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Kito also has a towel that looks just like the rag Deanna is talking about, but he won't have another one. This is his very favourite towel, and has it out with him everyday.

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Kito also has a towel that looks just like the rag Deanna is talking about, but he won't have another one. This is his very favourite towel, and has it out with him everyday.

Now, this, Miss Peta, we must take a gander at! Can you take a pic?? PIC?? LOL

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah I'll do that later on, It'll have to be when he's out the way, cos if anyone touches his towel he goes crazy, I'll wait till its all dark and pinch it off the top of his cage then get the pic, and put it back before he notices its gone. :D

He really wants it in the cage, but now that its so old and shredded its a bit too dangerous, far to many threads he can get wrapped round everywhere. I'm trying to get him used to two new ones, but at the moment I'm not having a lot of luck.

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Yeah I'll do that later on, It'll have to be when he's out the way, cos if anyone touches his towel he goes crazy, I'll wait till its all dark and pinch it off the top of his cage then get the pic, and put it back before he notices its gone. :D

He really wants it in the cage, but now that its so old and shredded its a bit too dangerous, far to many threads he can get wrapped round everywhere. I'm trying to get him used to two new ones, but at the moment I'm not having a lot of luck.

Golly, that is just adorable, Kito and his little security blankie. I imagine he wants no part of those two new "store-bought" towelies ... just isn't the same as his trusty shredded blankie-towel! Too cute! :21:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I tried last night and everytime I removed it he just screamed, but I'm not determined to get that pic. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts