Volunteering as a parakeets sitter in NYC

ARochester

Sep 8, 2021
New York
Parrots
Cockatiel, parakeet
Hi everyone, this is Tai, 25 yrs old, a parakeet owner and lover. I am willing to offer free bird hosting and sitting to bird owners who need to travel or not be at home for a few days:-)

The reason why I can do this is that I'm crazy about birds and really want to have one. But because I'm a graduate student here and I don't have a permanent address here, I can't consider owning a bird since it's impossible to take him or her back l to my hometown after I graduate:-( So I'm so sad about this. I really want to spend time with birds. I have 3 keets and 5 cockatiels in my hometown. I missed my own them so much.

My time is really flexible and enough and I can spend lots of time with them:) Because I'm a bird owner as well so I'm skilled to take care of them.

Anyone who is located in NYC, if needed, please feel free to contact me if it's needed. For the time being, I think I can only take care of parakeets as I am more proficient with them rather than other kinds of parrots. I apologize for the limitation.

Pictures are my own babeies❤ Thanks for seeing this.

Attachments

• 96912.mov
    1.9 MB
  • IMG_7211.jpeg
    IMG_7211.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_7783.jpeg
    IMG_7783.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 83

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Sorry that it is taking a bit to get noticed, but it is a bit of a speciality that no one needs, Until They Do!!

As a suggestion: I would recommend that you charge some kind of minimum amount as you are likely to get a Parrot left with you -- forever. It happens far more than you would care to know about.

In the mean time, I hope this bump gets you back-up on the busy part of the board and noticed!!

FYI: Contact the Avian Vets near by and let them know you are available!!

Love your Heart!!

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome Tai, what a generous, kindhearted offer! I would imagine you'd be swamped with offers given NYC population density. Sage suggestions by Sailboat above!!

chichi

Nov 28, 2023
Parrots
chicho and curica
Hello! Are you still interested in hosting a budgie?
Hi, I am in urgent need of budgie sitter because I am traveling in January and will be away for 3 weeks. Is anyone willing please let me know!! Astoria, NY

Most Reactions

Latest posts