Water.?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
That depends on where you live and what is or is not in your Tap Water (City Supplied Water). If your City water is supplied from a well or river, it can vary on the amount of added chemicals with Summer being a time when heavier concentrations of chemicals are added to kill bacterial.
As a very general statement, tap water is safe and can be suppled.

As with most things, it is important to check your water regularly by visiting the website for your City Government or having your personal well water check by suppling a sample at least once every couple of years.

Natural Spring, Bottled Water can be expensive, but we only use it when traveling as it is a know source.

Last edited:
OP
L

louise22

Jun 17, 2022
Parrots
parakeets
I have just checked the website (scottish water) it says the water comes from rain and is checked regularly and the results posted on the website

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I have just checked the website (scottish water) it says the water comes from rain and is checked regularly and the results posted on the website
Then it should be fine. My birds drink rain water gathered from tanks in our garden(filtered of course).

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
Even though I use tap water just to be extra safe, I boil it and let it cool down before using.

ctwo

May 16, 2019
Parrots
Mango the Indian Ringneck and Peach the Cockatiel; Kiwi found a new home
We are on well water with high manganese levels and a water softener, and a 5-stage reverse osmosis system.

ctwo

May 16, 2019
Parrots
Mango the Indian Ringneck and Peach the Cockatiel; Kiwi found a new home
I assume that you are on a test /adjust /filter replacement schedule with your installer, right?
Well, I'm the installer and it's an undercounter unit that gets the prefilters changed about twice/year and the RO membrane changed about every 2-3 years. I'm not sure if either the softener or manganese should be much concern. The manganese typically hovers around the limit and the water company is in a regular monitor/inform situation, and have been building a treatment plant that will come online in about a year.

Most Reactions