Ways to make your bird eat healthy

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
Hello and happy Easter! Yesterday I made black jack a mash, and the other day I made him bird bread. Mashes and breads are a great way to sneak fruits and vegetables to your birds. I thought I would share some recipes.
Sweet potato and fruit mash
1 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed
1/2 a ripe banana, mashed. Chop up a few pieces of the rest of the banana and save it for later.
Some apple slices, some mashed and some chopped.
3 spoonfuls of mashed carrots
A handful of cooked string beans. slice then into little pieces and separate the beans.
1 large spoonful of dry egg food.
Mix it all together and serve warm :)

Egg food mash
1 cup of dry egg food mix
A few spoonfuls of corn meal
Cooked Chopped broccoli
Homemade vegetable broth (boil bird safe veggies in water and until the water takes on the flavor of the veggies) add until you are happy with the consistency
Mix and serve warm
Birdie bread
1 1/4 a cup of dry egg food
1/2 a cup of corn meal
1/4 a cup of in bleached flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg
1/2 a cup of olive oil
A handful of seed
Chopped and cooked carrots, broccoli, and other fruits and veggies of your choice. You can also add cooked quinoa.
Mix and bake for 15 minutes
I hope you enjoy them! Please share your favorite recipes :)

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
A quick & easy Birdie bread is...A package of cornbread mix, an egg (shell & all), and 2 jars of any veggie baby food. Mix & bake according to directions on cornbread mix box. My fids love this!

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
A quick & easy Birdie bread is...A package of cornbread mix, an egg (shell & all), and 2 jars of any veggie baby food. Mix & bake according to directions on cornbread mix box. My fids love this!

I'll try that one, sometimes I even nibble on some of the breads! Just be careful what mix you use, some have added salt and sugar.

Most Reactions

Latest posts