- we have reached the end of the rope-

budgie choir

Jul 1, 2023
Parrots
Budgies: Yoko, Dreamy, Ono, Jeter, Liilly, Primrose, Pegasus
There is no other way to say than coming right out and saying it.....

my female bird who has a bond with male bird so is not lonely at all....(she is also in a flock)....let me repeat happy and not lonely......though she is surrounded by young males who dont know what to do yet...still arriving to their hormones...

well she found the end of a rope that i tied off on a perch and she hangs out on the perch with her bonded mate while she humps the rope. Her mate is still young and still figuring out how to mount her....but this is new to me never saw this before ans in all quite honesty I expected it from the males....I have males who do the sexy dance together so i admit i was a sexist...this is throwing me for a loop because I have a friend who has a single bird who tries to hump her....she takes her bird to the vet to hormone shots....now i am not going to lie ...there was a little judgment.....i was like just get him another bird for crying out loud....as it turns out folks...your bird could be surrounded by other birds and still hump someone or something....budgies are just so innocent in their honest approach to life....this is purely instinct and its amazing to watch...
if there is anyone else confused like i was and sad your is humping things? do be sad they are most likely happy...lol
hope this helps...

Attachments

• IMG_0422.jpeg
    IMG_0422.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0423.jpeg
    IMG_0423.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 30

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Birbs gonna do what a birds gonna do. My Amazon's been clucking like a chicken since early May and making sweet love to his toys.

Things to remember ="This Too Shall Pass". 1 Peter 1:22-25

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
Best not to try and make sense of them :LOL:
I caught two of my girl budgies mating the other day when I thought one of them was bonding with the boy (I still think they're somewhat bonded.)...

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Put the sexy dance on youtube and link it!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
There is no other way to say than coming right out and saying it.....

my female bird who has a bond with male bird so is not lonely at all....(she is also in a flock)....let me repeat happy and not lonely......though she is surrounded by young males who dont know what to do yet...still arriving to their hormones...

well she found the end of a rope that i tied off on a perch and she hangs out on the perch with her bonded mate while she humps the rope. Her mate is still young and still figuring out how to mount her....but this is new to me never saw this before ans in all quite honesty I expected it from the males....I have males who do the sexy dance together so i admit i was a sexist...this is throwing me for a loop because I have a friend who has a single bird who tries to hump her....she takes her bird to the vet to hormone shots....now i am not going to lie ...there was a little judgment.....i was like just get him another bird for crying out loud....as it turns out folks...your bird could be surrounded by other birds and still hump someone or something....budgies are just so innocent in their honest approach to life....this is purely instinct and its amazing to watch...
if there is anyone else confused like i was and sad your is humping things? do be sad they are most likely happy...lol
hope this helps...
I have a male budgie Charlie that would shamelessly hump his toy bell very dramatically many many, times a day, dawn till dusk, right in front of his new young female cagemates who just sat there like WTF is he doing. After a few years he just stopped and never tried to hump the female budgie. My Rocky, a female, engaged in some "sex play" with her toys but nothing like Charlie did.

Most Reactions

Latest posts