Weird neck stretching and regurgitation

Davinchi

Mar 11, 2011
Media
Duluth, MN
Parrots
Paco: Yellow Naped Amazon
For the last month before I deployed to Afghanistan. My Picasso started to do this weird thing with his neck. Sometimes when I came up to him and talked to him he would start stretching his neck up and down with his beak open. A few weeks before I left he started to regurgitate food while doing that. I was worried that he might be sick and told my wife to keep an eye on him and if he kept doing it to take him to the vet. He stopped after I left, but my wife says he started it up again sometimes when she goes up to the cage. Besides that action he does not show any physical signs of sickness or anything and talks up a storm all the time. Anyone else's birds ever do anything like that?

wolf0994

Apr 10, 2012
North Pole, Alaska
Parrots
Kawie, 16 year old Congo African Grey
Thats awesome! Congrats Davinchi... you've been selected for breeding. Though in your absence your wife is obviously Picasso's second choice it seems.

OP
Davinchi

Davinchi

Mar 11, 2011
Media
Duluth, MN
Parrots
Thats awesome! Congrats Davinchi... you've been selected for breeding. Though in your absence your wife is obviously Picasso's second choice it seems.

Just like my wife to steal my parrots regurgitation from me...lol

incognito

Jul 3, 2012
Pakistan
Parrots
4 Pairs of CAG, Blue Fronted Amazon breeder, Vosmaeri Eclectus pair breeder, 20 Cockatiels & chicks, 3 breeder pair of INR, 2 Breeder Pair of Lorries, 2 Monk Parrot Pairs, 2 Rump Pairs, 50 love birds
i am laughing in a funny way right now.... cant stop

best of luck Davinchi

and so sorry Picasso is prefering your wife over you. you must be feeling jealous

OP
Davinchi

Davinchi

Mar 11, 2011
Media
Duluth, MN
Parrots
i am laughing in a funny way right now.... cant stop

best of luck Davinchi

and so sorry Picasso is prefering your wife over you. you must be feeling jealous

It's ok. It's only cause I haven't been homein 6 months and he hasn't seen me. When I get home and spend some time with him, he'll be throwing up on my again in no time.

Seaweed

Jun 25, 2012
IDAHO
Parrots
ECLECTUS PARROT - Named Seaweed,Who is terribly spoiled ;D
lmaooooo !!!!
davinchi sounds ur feathered baby isnt the jealous type! He might have enough vomit to go around 4 both of you :) so cute :)
thanks 4 giving me a good chuckle :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts