Welcome Slushy! :)

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
Ive actually had Slushy(kids at the preschool I work at named him) for about a month(probably 1month and 2 weeks) and but haven't really had the time to post anything.

Anyways this is him, he is a total cuddle bug and wants to be with you 24/7. Behaves great with children (loves going to work with me). Never bites and is super curious. He really loves to play with the children.

Flynn my conure has fallen in love with him. They give each other kisses, sleep beside each other, preen each other and everything like that.

ovi-1.jpg
Slushy the Lovebird, at preschool.

IMG_5504.jpg

Slushy on a toy out of "construction sticks" from the $2 shop. They love those toys esp my Alexandrines.
IMG_5846.jpg

Flynn and Slushy, they were cuddling and giving each other kisses.
IMG_5847.jpg

FutureDVM

Jan 20, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Crimson Bellied Conure (Penny), Maximillian Pionus (Piper), Lovebird (Poco)
He is super cute! I've never seen one quite like him. What mutation is he?

RescueMe

Mar 28, 2012
King George, VA
Parrots
"Sparky" the Blue and gold macaw, "Jax" Red fronted macaw, and "Little Bird" peach faced lovebird
I wish my lovebird was tame. She was inherited and has no interest in us. She bites when you get close and will draw blood.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
He is beautiful! I would also love to know his mutation, I've never seen a lovebird like that, he's definitely not an albino or he would have red eyes and no pigment. I can't believe he gets along with your conure, most lovebirds are quite aggressive with other birds, he's definitely one of a kind! Thanks for sharing :)

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
He so cool! I have never seen that color on a lovebird before, good find.

OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
If I do find out what colour he is. I'll let you all know :)
Those two just simply adore each other, they do feed each other. And when they aren't together they call for each other. And they still love people.

And thank you all :)

OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
I wish my lovebird was tame. She was inherited and has no interest in us. She bites when you get close and will draw blood.

Slushy was hand raised so I didn't have to really "tame" him. :p
I really dont want to get a bite from Slushy, im sure it would hurt.

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
Omg the cuddling photos are SO CUTE!!!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts