Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
The top 3 endangered parrots I "care" the most are Spix's macaws, orange bellied parrots and swift parrots.... but sometimes I realize how much I "neglect" other very rare parrots such as Saint Lucia amazons or western ground parrots - I mean, the fact of being rare isn't new for me, I just rarely read about them. So, this thread is about western ground parrots, the rarest parrot of Western Australia:

It's been a year since the translocation, so far the birds are fine but they hasn't bred yet.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
As the Hurricane Season returns each year to Central and North America. The loss of the Island Amazons is always a concern. Although the Saint Lucia Amazons have suffered under both Human and Hurricanes, they had been making a slow comeback until the series of three near back-to-back Hurricanes of four years ago that near ended their return.

Today, CITES has classified all Amazons as endangered as the combination of loss of South and Central Americas Jungles and the black market Parrot trade continues.

Thank You for the reminder and wonderful Video!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts