What do you guys do to celebrate a "gotcha" date?

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
So, the one year mark of having Kyo is approaching! I can't believe it has been almost a year already, and she has brought me so much happiness.

I realize especially how far she has come with my husband. She still is obviously not happy about him, but she will at least tolerate him, and even show him affection from time to time. In particular, when we visit my parents' house she is PERFECT. <3 He has been working hard spending time with her and giving her treats while I'm at work, and he has even worked out the courage to let her out on his own (he finally figured out that as soon as the almonds come out she will go right to her food dish in her cage and wait for it).

Anyways, how do you guys celebrate this exciting day? What is something special I can do for her? I know her favourite thing is to go to my parents house, but are there any fun or special toys I could make or treats?

I couldn't be happier with my choice of parrot. Hubby and I are still talking about getting a second one, but we can't keep our minds set on a species yet. It will happen eventually I'm sure.:green2:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Well, in my case, I SHOULD probably book an appointment with a psychiatrist, and have my head examined...

But...

In all honesty, I never kept track of things like that.

EVERY DAY seems to be pamper the parrot day around here... Which goes back to my original point about probably needing to have my head examined!

But then, it's probably too late for that anyway. :D

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
I like to make little muffin cakes for the birds. April (Kiwibird) has posted some awesome recipes that are proportionately great and tasty for the fids. I also give them lots of time out, take a really nice picture of them in good lighting to save for myself, and then I "wrap" a favourite type of toy in tissue paper or do their favourite activity (foraging cups).

You just kinda do whatever you want, really! I love just getting a picture to keep. I'm hoping to create a collage of every birthday of them for later in life. Do whatever makes you and Kyo happiest [emoji16] And happy almost gotcha day to Kyo!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
If I remember early enough, I try to order a couple of favorite new toys for the B-day boy or girl. I bake a fresh batch of birdie bread and all the birds share the birthday kid's favorite foods, treats and animated movies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts