What does this sound like?

Joined
Dec 19, 2024
Messages
63
Reaction score
45
Parrots
Conure & Cockatiel
Video

I’m a bit paranoid about my girlfriend’s cockatiel. What do these squeaks sound like to you? I’m worried they might signal a respiratory issue. He went to the vet a few days ago and they listened to him and he sounded fine. They said if anything is going on it could be upper respiratory and gave him an antibiotic, but again they said they didn’t hear anything unusual and that he sounds good. But I’m worried
 
Video

I’m a bit paranoid about my girlfriend’s cockatiel. What do these squeaks sound like to you? I’m worried they might signal a respiratory issue. He went to the vet a few days ago and they listened to him and he sounded fine. They said if anything is going on it could be upper respiratory and gave him an antibiotic, but again they said they didn’t hear anything unusual and that he sounds good. But I’m worried
IDK.
The bird doesn’t seem to be in distress.
Not breathing hard or anything.

Do you know how old it is?

My oldest Tiel is 25 years old and he doesn’t chirp or make much noise anymore.
But when he does make noise it’s quiet and at least similar to your GF’s birb.
 
IDK.
The bird doesn’t seem to be in distress.
Not breathing hard or anything.

Do you know how old it is?

My oldest Tiel is 25 years old and he doesn’t chirp or make much noise anymore.
But when he does make noise it’s quiet and at least similar to your GF’s birb.
He’s about 8. Again the doctors said he sounded fine but my bird passed due to respirator issues so things like this terrify me. My Gf also said he’s made these noises way before even before I met her so I’m sure he’s fine but getting opinions other than mine would help haha
 
Sounds like a nervous habit kind of squeak. Or self soothing. if it was a respiratory infection, it would be more of a raspy sound and more regular. plus his actions seem pretty normal. dont over worry - you will drive yourself crazy.
 
Sounds like a happy/curious cockatiel noise to me. If they got a clean bill of health, it's most likely just them saying 'hello!'
 
Back
Top Bottom