What??? Is he doing???

Tapew0rrm

Nov 9, 2022
Lincolnshire
Parrots
Black Capped Conure
I'm really confused...for some reason Arrow keeps going behind the back of his cage like this and I don't know why???
I haven't done anything to upset him I don't think? We were just sharing some seed a little while ago and now no matter what I do he keeps trying to get behind the back of his cage. I don't understand what he's doing and its kind of worrying me?
I would try to block it off because I don't want him to get stuck or hurt himself, but theres a gap between he edge of his cage and the wall and making it smaller doesnt exactly seem safe eitehr since he still tries to get in there.
Is he scared of me?? Or cold? or just playing? I don't know what he's doing and I'm so concerned. He finally came out a second ago on his own without prompt, and I went over to see him, but he immediately ran away and tried to get back in there again and I dont know what I did to upset him if I did? The most I can think of is he was overstimulating himself and stressing himself out earlier by staring out the window so I (very gently, slowly and carefully) used one of his perches to take him away from the window since he won't step up on my hand, and I might have upset him that way? But even so like I said he let me feed him from my hand and everything after so I don't get it? :(

I feel like all I do is upset him and I feel like I'm just doing everything wrong. :( Its like,,every day is a new thing I do wrong that upsets him and I'm trying so hard to be good for him and give him a happy life but it feels like everything I'm doing is wrong and that this isn't working out at all. I don't know what to do..

(again, I'm aware his cage is small, his new one doesn't get here for another few days)

Attachments

• 20221113_151103.jpg
    20221113_151103.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 42
  • 20221113_151122.jpg
    20221113_151122.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20221113_151643.jpg
    20221113_151643.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 42
OP
Tapew0rrm

Tapew0rrm

Nov 9, 2022
Lincolnshire
Parrots
Black Capped Conure
I'm starting to think he just?? doesn't like me?
like not in a " I dont trust you yet you're a stranger" way, just, full on, he doesnt like me..

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
He is a conure and conures (at least Pyrhurra genus) love getting into narrow places. My conure sometimes does it too and often makes happy voices during doing it. So, I think he just likes going there because it's so narrow

OP
Tapew0rrm

Tapew0rrm

Nov 9, 2022
Lincolnshire
Parrots
Black Capped Conure
He is a conure and conures (at least Pyrhurra genus) love getting into narrow places. My conure sometimes does it too and often makes happy voices during doing it. So, I think he just likes going there because it's so narrow

Okay, that's good. I was worried he was doing it because he was scared of me or something but if he's just being a bit of a weirdo that's fine xD My habit of overreacting as always gets me way too worried haha. Hopefully he's fine

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Okay, that's good. I was worried he was doing it because he was scared of me or something but if he's just being a bit of a weirdo that's fine xD My habit of overreacting as always gets me way too worried haha. Hopefully he's fine
Thatā€™s exactly what I was going to say. Heā€™s just being weird. Heā€™s doing it because he can.

Most Reactions

Latest posts