What songs do your conures like?

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
Okay, so I'll be serious for a moment. (Don't get used to it).

Skittles loves songs have a lot of beat and background effects. He is a huge Michael Jackson fan.

BUT I have to say his all time favorite is Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock n Roll". He makes constant little 'froggy' noises and paces when the song is on. I have the MOST adorable video ever of him doing a 'head swoop' whenever Seger sings "soothes the soul". I had it on YouTube for a while but YT kept removing it cause they claimed it contained "copyrighted material" which is BS. I notice they don't do that to people with tons of subs who play songs on their videos.

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
My 2 boys are not effected by music either. They also do t talk and have shown zero talking or attempts to do so. Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg! But oh well.

Skittles makes "kissy noises" and mumbles "love you" to me but that is it. He does the mumble when I say "love you" to him (which I'm doing pretty much constantly) and he mumbles it back.

Sunnies aren't great talkers, but they have other great qualities. Personally, I wouldn't want Skittles to be an avid talker. He'd likely never shut up and be all "gimme this" "gimme that" "don't touch that" "thats mine!"

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Lololol! Good point!

IndySE

May 5, 2016
Southern California
Parrots
Kermit, ♀ GCC (Green Demon)
I wish I knew, but it's never the same song twice. I once caught Kermit dancing to The Beatles "Tomorrow Never Knows".... a very trippy song. I assume it only makes sense to conures. But she's never danced to it since.

Iridal

Apr 28, 2018
Parrots
Sun Conure - Mango (hatched May 2017)
Mango will scream the song of his people whenever "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros comes on. Something about the whistle intro I'm guessing. That song is banned from our house.

He goes into a trance for any Gregorian or Tibetan chant. That's useful. He also seems to be a fan of bass guitar. :31:

Most Reactions

Latest posts