Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I find it interesting how most people got introverted personality types. I think it's because bird owners are usually a bit more introverted.
Yeah, birds do require a lot of your own time, so if you're someone who likes going out the whole time, birds aren't for you.
I have been described as an extroverted introvert (whatever that means).
Like an ambivert? I think I'm an ambivert, because I need balance between being around people and being on my own. If I'm out too much, I get drained, and if I'm alone too much, I get a bit depressed.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I find it interesting how most people got introverted personality types. I think it's because bird owners are usually a bit more introverted.

EDIT: I just remembered that most of the population is made up of introverts
The first quote was from Pipp. I am not sure how I got linked to it.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Yeah, birds do require a lot of your own time, so if you're someone who likes going out the whole time, birds aren't for you.

Like an ambivert? I think I'm an ambivert, because I need balance between being around people and being on my own. If I'm out too much, I get drained, and if I'm alone too much, I get a bit depressed.
I’m not sure what β€œintroverted extrovert” or β€œextroverted introvert” means. I think the speaker was trying to convince me that I should NOT go off and live in the wilderness because I do sometimes engage with people.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
EDIT: I just remembered that most of the population is made up of introverts
The bird owner population, yes, but in terms of the world population, 50-75% of people are extroverts/more-extroverted ambiverts

OgY

Aug 1, 2022
Media
Albums
Parrots
Eastern Rosella
I’m not sure what β€œintroverted extrovert” or β€œextroverted introvert” means. I think the speaker was trying to convince me that I should NOT go off and live in the wilderness because I do sometimes engage with people.
i m commander

OgY

Aug 1, 2022
Media
Albums
Parrots
Eastern Rosella
What "letters" are you?
Untitled.png

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I got:
"Adventurer - ISFP-T"

I'm surprised at how accurate a lot of this is, thanks for posting the test, Ollie!

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
I got:
"Adventurer - ISFP-T"

I'm surprised at how accurate a lot of this is, thanks for posting the test, Ollie!
You're welcome!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
A Virtuoso, for what ever they assign to that.
According to Wiki:

A virtuoso is an individual who possesses outstanding talent and technical ability in a particular art or field such as fine arts, music, singing, playing a musical instrument, or composition

If that is the same in this test, then I'd say they got it right except for not mentioning pirate anywhere.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
I really love that adults are doing this too, not just teens! Believe it or not, we really love hanging out with you guys.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
As one of the few β€œE” so far here, I gotta speak up for my fellow extrovert bird owners -

We are all crazy and just take our birds with us everywhere. :oops: πŸ€ͺ

Kidding. But seriously, Kirby LOVES going grocery shopping when it’s nice out. My other buddy IRL who has birds (a parrotlet and a cockatiel who was the brother to mine) is also pretty extroverted. We figure it out. It helps that most adult socialization in our 30s happens after birdy bed time. The kids and birds go to bed and then we sometimes go out and have fun!

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
As one of the few β€œE” so far here, I gotta speak up for my fellow extrovert bird owners -

We are all crazy and just take our birds with us everywhere. :oops: πŸ€ͺ

Kidding. But seriously, Kirby LOVES going grocery shopping when it’s nice out. My other buddy IRL who has birds (a parrotlet and a cockatiel who was the brother to mine) is also pretty extroverted.

I want to train pipp to wear her harness do I can take her for walks and stuff, although I'd likely be approached by kids who are intrigued by it, but I'd find it fun to talk to them.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Kirby has a leather aviator harness somewhere but he doesn’t like it much. I have never had great success with harnesses, but it’s likely because I’m impatient, haha. If you have the patience to work with them harnesses are fantastic.

Kirby has a pako-bird instead that’s easier for me to use when we’re out and about; although I do like the flexibility the harness offers.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I got ISFP-T.
Pretty accurate, actually. I’m surprised :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts