Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I can't remember the exact date that I joined PF, but I am relieved to have a community of others who are actually interested in birds-parrots specifically--and their habits, welfare.

It surprises me how indifferent many people seem--frightened actually--of birds in general. (Thank you, Alfred Hitchcock)

When my beloved CAG parrot passed away late last year unexpectedly at age 8 years, the general reaction to my grief was a shrug. It was as if I was in mourning over a goldfish I had had for a few months.....
I'm so sorry for your loss. I think only bird people can truly understand the depth of the loss of a beloved bird.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Jun 25, 2019

I joined to ask about adopting an older Amazon - who at the time we thought was a blue front. We ended up deciding to get a cockatiel…and then, three months later, went back and adopted Kirby anyway! Then “she” had an identity crisis, and we now know HE is an orange winged Amazon.

Our cockatiel has since passed away sadly, and now we are a two Amazon household. Really appreciate the wealth of knowledge here, would be lost without it.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
**Wanders into the thread and pulls out her soother** I'm a weeeee baby, having joined today (May 16th, 2022). Nice to meet y'all!

And we're very glad to welcome you aboard, it's nice to meet you too :)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
**Wanders into the thread and pulls out her soother** I'm a weeeee baby, having joined today (May 16th, 2022). Nice to meet y'all!
Welcome! I'm so happy you joined us!

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
I joined July 28 2019. Was a lurker for a couple months beforehand while researching care of different species. Then Phoenix picked me as his human and that was that.
20190727_172331.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I joined July 28 2019. Was a lurker for a couple months beforehand while researching care of different species. Then Phoenix picked me as his human and that was that.
View attachment 40066
Always nice when a lurker comes out of the shadows and makes it official, Jexnell. Even nicer when one of these magical creatures chooses us - we're so glad to have you aboard!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
View attachment 40066
Thank you Phoenix for bringing your Dad here! I'm so happy you both joined us:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Bump:)

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I joined Dec. 9 2021, can't remember if I already answered this thread 😅

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I joined Dec. 9 2021, can't remember if I already answered this thread 😅
Yep! You're on the list. Never hurts to check:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
If any would would like their PF anniversary celebrated, please add your name here. We love to celebrate these milestones with you!

All we ask is that you have logged onto the forum in the last 3 months prior to your anniversary. That is how we do birthdays, and we think it makes it more meaningful to limit it to people who are here, even if they are only able to be here for just for a small amount of time.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
If anyone would like to have your PF Anniversary celebrated, please add your username to this thread.
We think that celebrating anniversaries is important. Whether it's 1 year or 10, your continued membership here shows your dedication; not only to your own birds, but for helping others as well.

We only do anniversary threads based on this thread. We don't want to make anyone who doesn't want to participate in this feel uncomfortable.
I do want to make clear that just because you haven't added your name to this list, that doesn't mean that we don't see you and appreciate everything you do.

FlockOf18

Mar 10, 2023
Media
Parrots
I have an Indian Ringneck, Parrotlets and also non-parrots - budgies and cockatiels :-)
Me and my flock are still newbies!
First joined on the 10th of March this year 🥰

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
On March 15, 2022, I found a fantastic community with nothing but knowledge and love!
I'm so happy you found us, that's such a wonderful thing to hear:)

Me and my flock are still newbies!
First joined on the 10th of March this year 🥰
We all were newbies once:) Glad to have you here!

Most Reactions

Latest posts