Where on earth do I buy a cage?

hannah.kelley

Apr 25, 2015
Media
Richmond, VA
Parrots
one 19yo Moluccan.
I have a Moluccan, and Iā€™m looking to get him a second cage. There are no pet supply companies nearby that sell cages, and I wouldnā€™t want to support the parrot-breeding stores that sell them even if I were willing to make a long trip. Itā€™s really hard to find a sufficiently large one online for my M2, and their images are often deceiving (you know what Iā€™m talking about - the photoshopped ā€˜macawā€™ the size of a parrotlet, mid-flight...). Would prefer maybe stainless steel with a play-top, but not committed to those conditions.
Does anyone have a specific brand name or maybe an independent manufacturer that they recommend? Iā€™m willing to spend more for a higher quality cage.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
We have long used "birdcages4less.com"

Target a cage with a full height front door as they are a ton easier to clean and move your Parrot in and out of.
I like the play stand of top as it adds an addition perch.
We do not use the upper tray as it darkens the cage area.
Look at Mac size cages!

They only do cages and have never gotten an order mixed up.

They ship in two boxes that make them reasonable to handle.

Trick for assembling: assemble upside down on a large bath towel!!!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I have gotten a cage from birdcages4less.
I got a dome top and came as advertised.
Instructions for assembly may be hit or miss.

mdjmsmith2

Dec 14, 2021
Also look at Wayfair.com ā€” they have a large selection of birdcages of all sizes even for the largest of Macaws! Plus they are made from Iron, powder coated to handle the strongest of beaks!

Last edited:

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
I have a Moluccan, and Iā€™m looking to get him a second cage. There are no pet supply companies nearby that sell cages, and I wouldnā€™t want to support the parrot-breeding stores that sell them even if I were willing to make a long trip. Itā€™s really hard to find a sufficiently large one online for my M2, and their images are often deceiving (you know what Iā€™m talking about - the photoshopped ā€˜macawā€™ the size of a parrotlet, mid-flight...). Would prefer maybe stainless steel with a play-top, but not committed to those conditions.
Does anyone have a specific brand name or maybe an independent manufacturer that they recommend? Iā€™m willing to spend more for a higher quality cage.
Omg I have one. Kings cages. They sell top quality and have great sizes. That is, if you're willing to spend a pretty penny. I think you got this.

D

Deleted member 43766

I got mine from Wayfair. Itā€™s a Avian Adventures and my girl loves it.

Attachments

• E09B6AE4-3562-46CE-8EA7-94A072C36633.jpeg
    E09B6AE4-3562-46CE-8EA7-94A072C36633.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 82

Most Reactions

Latest posts