Which bird should I get, kakariki or red-rumped parakeet

funnyfish

Apr 25, 2020
Hi! I'm a sort of new bird owner who has decided to get another bird. Right now, I live with my family and we have a quaker parrot named Sasha! Things went so well with Sasha, that my parents are letting me get another bird, and I can't decide out of a kakariki or a red rumped parrot. We live near a very reputable breeder of both birds so that's not a problem, but i would greatly appreciate for you to help me with the pro's and con's of these birds. I've done much research on both species, but there isn't a good, bad and ugly on either species from owners with real experience who tell me the downsides instead of just the upsides.

I also specifically decided on those two birds as they are relatively quiet, so if I move into an apartment I won't annoy the neighbours.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Get the one that wants you! The one that does run when you stop by. The one that steps-up and stays. The one that is interested in you!

Building trust of a Parrot is very important and if the Parrot has already chosen you, that's a win - win moment.

Most Reactions

Latest posts