Which would win; an unmovable object, or unstoppable bird.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
The answer; the bird every time.

I moved that cart Lincoln was climbing to a different spot in the room so he couldn't access the top of the dresser and pull everything down and gorge himself on treats. However I left a container of almonds on it because I didn't think there was anyway for him to open it because of how the container is designed. He opened it.
We then used the drawer from my mini fridge to cover the top of the cart so he couldn't get up there until we found a better solution. He still figured out how to get to the top of the cart. He also learned how to climb on top of my minifridge and tossed everything down from there. This bird is unstoppable. He can't even fly.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Today I woke up. It was quiet... I should have known.

I finally get up to take care of the animals and I walk into the bird room and lincoln is sitting next to the cart holding one of his little rubber balls. I didnt think much of it, he usually gets into his floor toys before I get up. But this time it was different. He didnt drop the ball and ran towards me as I crossed the room. Little booger had shoved his upper beak a little too far into one of the holes and gotten it stuck. I'm sure he could have gotten it off on his own, it wasnt firmly wedged and is a very soft rubber.... but mom was here and he needed my help! I just gently held it and he pulled his beak out. what a weirdo.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Wow, you should have taken greater advantage of that: Mom is the Hero Moment!! Those are moments to Savor!!

Extremely Smart Parrots with Nothing but Time! Mechanical things do not have a chance!!

Most Reactions