White Cap Pionus Help

KitasDante

Jan 28, 2016
Louisiana
Parrots
6 month old White Capped Pionus Parrot - Female
Do they "make yawning gesture and moving crops" on the norm?

Also, is this a normal noise one makes - she makes it at night sometimes.

<iframe width="100%" height="160" src="https://clyp.it/ql0lzjx5/widget" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Let's see if it worked.

Here are the other links of the sound:
https://clyp.it/ql0lzjx5
[Dante](https://clyp.it/ql0lzjx5)

Thank you. :green:
Kita & Dante

Attachments

• 20160126_104247[1].jpg
    20160126_104247[1].jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 20160405_081246[1].jpg
    20160405_081246[1].jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 265
  • 20160413_175147[1].jpg
    20160413_175147[1].jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 276

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Dante is probably doing crop adjustment which is normal for birds. As for the sound, I can't really tell what it is. It sounds a bit distorted and slow motion (?)

OP
K

KitasDante

Jan 28, 2016
Louisiana
Parrots
6 month old White Capped Pionus Parrot - Female
The whooshing noise in the background is the honeywell purifier on low, but the other noise sounds just like what she makes. I reclicked the link to listen to it again and it is indeed the noise she makes. I have no idea where she came by that noise unless it is one of those noises they make before bedtime. She doesn't always make that noise but man it makes goose bumps and hair stand up so was wondering if it was normal. It is drawn out if that is what you mean by slow motion she makes that noise for those few seconds or miliseconds stops then does it again various times before she goes to sleep.

Last edited:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I appologize, but on my iPad right now it's a bit hard to hear. Sort of sounds like something from a horror movie lol. I have a Bronze Winged Pi, and he rarely makes any 'natural' noises, he mostly talks or mimicks or is quiet. Each bird is just so individual in their noises that they like to make. That must be "normal" for Dante. I'm sure it's a sound he enjoys doing if he does it regularly.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
tell me about it. Salty makes some sounds that could have come from a prehistoric dinosaur movie, some that sound like the worst horror movie squeaky doors, and also soft little noises that are so nice on the ears. A sound that by wife describes as his metalic almost in tune radio voice, the usual loud Amazon squacks and of course several laughs, and add in the words and phrases he's learned. Quite a tool box of sound he has. Oh yeah, and grinding beak sound, gotta love that one.

I wouldnt worry about sounds your girl is making, unless it sounds like a scared or hurt sound.

Piasa

Jan 12, 2016
USA Nomad
Parrots
Beau 20 year old male Green Cheek || Jimmy Bullet 17 year old female white cap pionus parrot
My female white cap, like Raven, stole most of her vocalizations from somewhere else (mostly she mimics my conure's whistles which are him mimicking my whistles, that's kinda fun).

Her only two instinctual whistles are the contact call, and then a contented huffy squeak (same noise when loud is the scared/ouch noise that sounds like a squeaky toy). Oh and the horny honk / wheeze :rolleyes:.

That is a creepy noise Dante is making! She'd do great sound effects if you tell ghost stories :43:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That sounds like a noise that Pisces, my WCP makes first thing in the morning:)

Piasa

Jan 12, 2016
USA Nomad
Parrots
Beau 20 year old male Green Cheek || Jimmy Bullet 17 year old female white cap pionus parrot
Oh I didn't see the photos the first time I viewed this post! (Thank you prehistoric internet connection)

Dante is sooo cute with her little baby cap!

Hope to see more of her in the pionus forum sometime :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts