Why is he making this noise

mrclass

Jul 23, 2022
Parrots
Sun conure
I just hand fed him it’s the morning and he’s making this noise and slowly bopping his head.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    3.5 MB

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Welcome to the forums :)

Is he still young? I don't know conures well - hopefully someone pops on soon that does.

I did find this article online about sun conures vibrating their beaks as a sign of affection (I didn't find other articles with the same thing you're describing so I don't know how accurate this is)

Sun conure mouth vibration

OP
M

mrclass

Jul 23, 2022
Parrots
Sun conure
Welcome to the forums :)

Is he still young? I don't know conures well - hopefully someone pops on soon that does.

I did find this article online about sun conures vibrating their beaks as a sign of affection (I didn't find other articles with the same thing you're describing so I don't know how accurate this is)

Sun conure mouth vibration
Yes he is young and in the process of weaning, I offer formula to him once a day, and he has been eating millet and attempting to eat his pellets.

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
Maddox makes similar noises right before going to bed. I have always associated it with comfort and relaxation. If it was fear or anxiety induced, it would be much louder and like a scream. I really wouldn't worry at all. Almost all conures make low chattering noises, which is perfectly normal for them.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Yeah that's content and happy...

Most Reactions

Latest posts