Why must people tease me?

Triplemoon

May 21, 2013
mid tn usa
Parrots
Goldie- hen Gold/Yellow cheek Cockatiel ( almost 20 yr old) and a newly weaned Lutino parakeet named Boo 2 GCC's Milo-Turquoise and Jada-Pineapple.
I have decided to wait for a 2 until we move to a permenate place. ( 63 acres 5 bedroom house should do it right?) And my daughter is less dependent on my time. So, I can have more time for the needs of a 2 and enjoy my bird.

Well my friends friend has a Mulccan 2 ( M2?) who needs one on one attention as he screams for attention and has plucked himself bare chested and will pluck a hole if not kept entertained. I am like I could do that. But the thing is.... My daughter is 6 we are trying to get pregnant with number 2 and welp I am moving to an apartment. I hate being teased. My friend said that I could be given bird with cage because they know I would spoil him. I am like kill me with a rusty spoon. My dream bird and I have to pass! Granted yes he has 2 issues. But I know with time he would overcome them. He may not grow his feathers back but he would know what mash, foraging, and one on one loving is. Sigh. I told my friend let me get settled into the final home after Nov. then ask me. His current owner isn't in a rush to rehome him. I just am not sure with a homeschooled 6 yr old if it will be wise for my family.

I really just guess I needed to vent. Sigh. Might have to love him from afar. I jsut don't know. Will talk to hubby and see how he feels.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
With all that you have mentioned; a move, another child, your present youngster, etc. Do you think you could give this poor misguided bird the full attention that a bird with those issues will really need? You are taking on a lot with this bird. If you really can, go for it. But, if you have any doubts, please do not complicate this poor birds' life any more than it already is. If you are not absolutely sure that you will provide a forever home, the extra attention, and emotional care, that he obviously needs, please let him go to someone (we hope) who will. Good luck with your decision.

OP
T

Triplemoon

May 21, 2013
mid tn usa
Parrots
Goldie- hen Gold/Yellow cheek Cockatiel ( almost 20 yr old) and a newly weaned Lutino parakeet named Boo 2 GCC's Milo-Turquoise and Jada-Pineapple.
I would never take on another bird right now. It is to much. I was kind of venting that I couldn't take him. I feel like I am being teased. I did tell them that after I get settled and get to know him by visiting if we clicked in a year or so I would consider it. But right now NO. Just sad I am being offered birds and can't take them all in. One day I will be settled and in a spot where I can do this.

Most Reactions

Latest posts