Worried about my Sun Conure

Dan.g30

Mar 9, 2022
Parrots
Sun Conure
I was wondering if my sun conure might have a respiratory problem as he does this wheeze/breathing noise every minute to two minutes or so. He sometimes doesn't do it at all for long periods of time. He eats and drinks water fine, is active, has normal droppings but not sure if it is a real problem. He just turned 4 last month, Any ideas?

Attachments

• Snapchat-224648132.mp4
    3.3 MB

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
It might be some sort of upper respiratory infection but that should be taken care of and examined by a certified avian vet. And make an appointment ASAP as well since you don’t want it to worsen. Birds shouldn’t really be wheezing or at least you shouldn’t be able to audibly hear them breathing.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Rule of thumb, if you notice something different, get the parrot to a certified avian vet and do not wait. Parrots hide illness until they can't. By then they are really sick.
HOWEVER I did not hear anything

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Agree with above posters. Parrots hide being sick , they will do everything possible to seem normal, play, eat, untill they are so terribly sick they can't. A fluffed, sleeping all tge time, not eating much burd is usually 48 hours or less from death.

But I also only heard what I thought was a vocalizations at the end. But I'm not there to hear in person.

Most Reactions