You ever walk into another room and suddenly your wearing a bird hat for no reason?

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
For the last few years I'll go to the laundry room or bathroom etc. and suddenly I'm wearing a bird hat, some times even more than one.... Anyone else have this phenomenon?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Not me so much, but my hubby somehow ends up wearing a princess parrot hat quite a bit. Often with varied lorikeet accoutrements too!

peachiedadda.jpg

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
Phoenix was more of a shoulder/leg bird than a hat bird. If I got up he would fly over and land on my shoulder to see what I was doing. If sitting he would fly over and land on my leg, again to see what I was doing/ demand scritches/ see if I had food.

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Zenek is learnt to not land on anyone's head so no. But the chance of going next to him and him landing on your shoulder is high (especially if you eat something)
Same here, I taught my birds not to go onto my head so they ride my shoulder instead

Most Reactions