You know you're a Parront when...

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
You know you’re a parront when you say, “Great job pooping!” [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] yes, yes it is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or the similar “You pooped on me! But that’s a good lookin’ poop!”

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
I saw this T-shirt today.... and of course it made me think of our Fids. :D

1804644_1.jpg

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
When you and your husband often talk about bird poop during meals...

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
... when a wonderful old buddy is having lunch with you at a cafe, and she shares with you how she accidentally ingested a tiny piece of cockatiel poop, and it tasted weird, but kinda like wheat germ and crunchy, and you both were momentarily speechless, but then laughed, only to realize that several nearby tables overheard you, and are now slack-jawed in horror.

TRUE STORY!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
LOL! I totally always buy weird singular fruit and it has to annoy the clerk...a tangerine, an apple, a pear, a peach, a kiwi etc.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Hahahahaha, oh I love these -> only birdpeople understand!

Today I did not only have to fish a macaw out of my morning-cuppa (tea) twice, I also had the honour of bobbing for cedernutshellparticles ...
(say that 5 times very fast ;) )

The first time around Sunny dunked her oversized beak in my tea it was to taste it, the second time because..well...you've got to rinse the beak somewhere, right?

LeslieA

Aug 21, 2018
Media
Albums
Parrotian Castle
Parrots
Glenn, IRN; Sherman, WCP; JoJo, budgie; Tommy, budgie; Daytona, Sunday; Sir Lancelot, GCC; Duchess, BCC; Chirps, GRP (Green-rumped Parrotlet)
An alarm goes off and your nonbird friends say, "Drive faster. It's bird bedtime."

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
When you try to wrap up all the days activities by a certain time (6pm) because that's "seeds time" lol. Each birdie gets a small amount of seeds at 6pm and they really really look forward to it. How could we be late?!

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
...when you have conversations with your spouse where you both imitate your Fid imitating you.

These days we start every morning by saying "Good morning!" and "Hi Yoda!" in Yoda's voice because that's what wakes us up every morning. Oh, that makes me think of another!!

...when you never oversleep anymore because your Fid wakes you up promptly at the same time every morning.

LeslieA

Aug 21, 2018
Media
Albums
Parrotian Castle
Parrots
Glenn, IRN; Sherman, WCP; JoJo, budgie; Tommy, budgie; Daytona, Sunday; Sir Lancelot, GCC; Duchess, BCC; Chirps, GRP (Green-rumped Parrotlet)
You apologize to your birds because you hit the snooze alarm.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
When you ask co-workers if they can hold after school meetings at your house (and if they are afraid of birds) lol....Happened yesterday...

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
You know you’re a parront when you say, “Great job pooping!” [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] yes, yes it is true.

OMG!!! EVERY DANG DAY "OH, do you have to poop? GOOD POOPING!!!! YAY, WHAT A GOOD POOP!" lololol

My bird poops on command at this point...I sh*t you not (couldn't help but use that tasteless pun lol)

Honestly, I say "go poop" and she does so within 2 minutes lol. I am so glad I am not the only weirdo.

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
When you hear a whistle when your out and about and it scares the crap out of you cause you suddenly wonder how she got out. Then your like oh wait.

LeslieA

Aug 21, 2018
Media
Albums
Parrotian Castle
Parrots
Also, at school, I have done this a few times. I'd forget to do a homework assignment. My teacher asks why I didn't do it. My excuse: My parrots shredded it.
Hey, at work once, I had to explain to the Accounting department that my bird ate my paycheck. They asked how big and I showed them. (It was a lovebird!) They laughed. People including the CEO kept stopping by my desk to ask if that was really true.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
When you’re on the bus sitting behind a guy with a big raised mole on his neck and all you can think is “I know a birdie who would LOVE to excise that thing for you right now mate !” No queues, no waiting, no anaesthesia, just one chomp and it’s GONE! :)

Endix

Jan 23, 2019
When you forget to cook for yourself for three days straight but your birds always have their chop exactly on time

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
You get a $50 Amazon gift card for Christmas and you don't spend any of it on yourself-- it all goes for treats, toys and perches for the parrots. :D

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
When there’s more bird food dishes, water bowls, troughs & cups in your washing up than people stuff.

Edit: And it’s already got poop in it again 5 minutes after being reinstalled in the cage!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts