Zucchini Seeds??

CosiGirl

Apr 2, 2022
Parrots
Budgie
Is it ok to leave the seeds in raw zucchini for a budgie? Iā€™m reading conflicting info on the internet. Some say the seeds are a choking hazard and should be removed. Thoughts?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
My finches eat Zucchini seeds, I'm sure they would be fine for a budgie:)

HowdyDoDee

Jan 18, 2020
Minnesota
Parrots
Parakeet
They can bore holes in trees with their beaks, itā€™s like an anvil to a seed.

Hmmā€¦ bird friendly blueberry zucchini breadā€¦ that may be a good thing! šŸ˜Š

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
They can bore holes in trees with their beaks, itā€™s like an anvil to a seed.

Hmmā€¦ bird friendly blueberry zucchini breadā€¦ that may be a good thing! šŸ˜Š
That sounds good to me! If you try it, please share the recipe:)

HowdyDoDee

Jan 18, 2020
Minnesota
Parrots
Parakeet
That sounds good to me! If you try it, please share the recipe:)
Will do!
Iā€™m thinking of putting uncooked oats in the food processor to grind to a flour. Replace half of the regular flour with oat flour.

Almost no oil. Applesauce and/or very ripe banana to replace oil and reduce sugar. Can be topped with a sugar/cinnamon/nutmeg crumble for people, if necessary.

An idea in the worksā€¦
Expecting budgies to ignore it, but Iā€™ll try! šŸ˜Š

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Will do!
Iā€™m thinking of putting uncooked oats in the food processor to grind to a flour. Replace half of the regular flour with oat flour.

Almost no oil. Applesauce and/or very ripe banana to replace oil and reduce sugar. Can be topped with a sugar/cinnamon/nutmeg crumble for people, if necessary.

An idea in the worksā€¦
Expecting budgies to ignore it, but Iā€™ll try! šŸ˜Š
I'm looking forward to seeing your new creation! it sounds delicious and I bet my flock would love it.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I feed zucchini sliced in rounds because my birds like to pick out the seeds.

The seeds inside the veggies and fruit are generally the bait I use to get my birds to sample new things.

Most Reactions