A bit of a scare

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Today all was going well, I was getting on with housework, Bucc was being really good, (that should of been a sign) but there's a first time for everything. ;) Anyway managed to get most of it done was just coming to the end of the hooving when I could have sworn I saw something out of place sitting up on Bucc's playarea, I looked and there was Bucc sitting on his cage, :eek: glaring and making some real good growling sounds. Off he started to the playarea still growling and acting all macho, then I spotted it, Errol had gotten out somehow:confused: and was the strange object on one side of the playarea, Bucc was the growling beast the other side gently walking toward Errol (Rosella) . After feeling my heart pounding I walked up very gently toward Bucc, and removed him out of the way, managed to get a very stressed and worried Errol back into his cage and out of harms way. Now not sure what Bucc would have done if I had been in another room but I certainly think poor Errol would have come out worse. Poor little soul seemed rooted to the spot, while this great big, growling monster was edging ever closer. The only thing I can think of is that Errol slipped past me this morning when I was changing his water. This is very strange as he will never come out of the cage until we are all well clear of it. :confused: Bucc is unable to open anything on the cage now, food bowl doors have been locked as has the door. Its very strange indeed.

The one thing I am sure about is that they were definately ALL in after their fly about this morning. I have a count up before I lock them out of harms way. lol. Luckily no damage done, and it has made me realise that I change their water while they are out and not after they have all gone back in.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Still not sure how he got out, but one thing I'm glad about is that I was here and not outside otherwise I'm sure we would have had a few problems. Bucc is really good with the little guys, when I'm around but every part of his body language screamed at me that he was gonna do some damage. The way he was walking, growling, and the beak :eek: I'm really so glad that I was here in the same room.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Its a real growl, like you hear a dog do when they are getting nasty lol.
its a part of their body language that tells us that they are gonna bite ya!! Thats the time to move out the way. (or get bitten) lol.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Well he can Bark just as well as the dogs, and cry just like them, he can meow just like my cat, and if I'm not in the same room he will call Mum and sound just like my kids. :D :D

He has even managed to copy the telephone so well that I very often go and answer it, as soon as I say "Hello" so will he, then before I hang up he will say "Bye" The number of times that I've gone to answer the door is amazing only to find that there's no one there, when I come back into the room he just sits and laughs. :D :D

Lilly Bird

Jul 4, 2006
Media
IL
Parrots
Parakeet Named Lilly
ha ha! My mom had birds when she was young, and they would answer whos there? when the doorbell would ring. Also, they would say Watcha doin? ALL THE TIME!!! It is halarious!!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts