A "boy" and his bird

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
My "baby" came home for a surprise visit from college this weekend. He shares a VERY special bond with my 13 year old YN Hunter.

Check them out together :D

IMG_6445.jpg

IMG_6449.jpg

IMG_6450.jpg

Yes, he has to shave....TONIGHT!
IMG_6455.jpg

IMG_6459.jpg

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
awesome pics!!!

with the GW's yea...........with the Zon's???? I wouldn't have a face left :rolleyes:

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
That is adorable Wendy:)

When my Son comes back from Australia on 2nd Jan, where he has been for a Year now, I am eagerly waiting to see if Codie still likes him:) Before he went away, he loved Daniel as much as me!! We will see!! Watch This Space. LOL

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Those are awesome photos! And you weren't kidding! Makes me really happy to see photos like that of amazons! Especially with the disposition of many zons and how they aren't cuddly, difficult to handle, etc! And to see your handsome son handling Hunter like that is simply amazing! I love it!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
awesome pics!!!

with the GW's yea...........with the Zon's???? I wouldn't have a face left :rolleyes:

LOLOLOL. He won't attempt that with Sam or Niko. HE wouldn't have a face left then either. ;) He can pick them both up, he can even snuggle with Niko, but that's the extent of it.

Hunter on the other hand LOVES him with a passion. He could stuff her in his pocket and she'd let him. :D

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

When my Son comes back from Australia on 2nd Jan, where he has been for a Year now, I am eagerly waiting to see if Codie still likes him:) Before he went away, he loved Daniel as much as me!! We will see!! Watch This Space. LOL

Thank you, Wendy. :)

OMG, I know how you're counting down the days until Steven is home! I'm pretty sure once Codie hears his voice, he'll go bonkers. They just don't forget. :) ...and I'll be watching "this space" like a hawk. ;)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Those are awesome photos! And you weren't kidding! Makes me really happy to see photos like that of amazons! Especially with the disposition of many zons and how they aren't cuddly, difficult to handle, etc! And to see your handsome son handling Hunter like that is simply amazing! I love it!

Thank you very, very much MonicaMc. :D
He'll be a lot more "handsome" once that scruff in his face is gone. ;) I almost had a stroke when he walked in looking like that. :eek: Hunter likes it...she was preening it. :32:

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media

Thank you, Wendy. :)

OMG, I know how you're counting down the days until Steven is home! I'm pretty sure once Codie hears his voice, he'll go bonkers. They just don't forget. :) ...and I'll be watching "this space" like a hawk. ;)

I hope so Wendy.. I am counting the minutes and seconds until he is home:) His name is Daniel lol

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Wendy, please forgive me, and feel free to slap me silly. I meant DANIEL...not Steven. A duh! I was thinking of Ant's son... I am so so sorry. :(:( <I'm SO very embarrassed now>

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Wendy, please forgive me, and feel free to slap me silly. I meant DANIEL...not Steven. A duh! I was thinking of Ant's son... I am so so sorry. :(:( <I'm SO very embarrassed now>

Its Ok Wendy :) Its an easy mistake to make when there are so many of our siblings that we talk about:) It does get confusing. ;)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
This is so cuuuute! When he graduates and can support himself do you think you'll let him take Hunter?

Over my dead body, thank you very much. :D

I'm pretty sure that my Mark WILL "eventually" have both Hunter and Sam....but not as long as I'm breathing on my own. ;)

Thingamagigs

Oct 13, 2012
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Mana the manic female galah; yet to be named male corella
So adorable! Its the first time I have seen a picture of someone actually touching an amazon LOL not just having it sit on them. Even in cute youtube videos, no one ever touches their amazons LOL Its for that reason I didnt go for one (they are reasonably priced here at the moment, about 1200-1600).

Good looking boy as well!! ;)

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
my wife can do anything with the Zons............ completely amazes me (and kills me at the same time) They are literally like playdoh with her. Best I can do is have them on my shoulder. :(

Main reason I don't have video of her with them is that she usually is just home from work when she plays with them and would kill me for taping it. :11::54:

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
So adorable! Its the first time I have seen a picture of someone actually touching an amazon LOL not just having it sit on them. Even in cute youtube videos, no one ever touches their amazons LOL Its for that reason I didnt go for one (they are reasonably priced here at the moment, about 1200-1600).

Good looking boy as well!! ;)

Thanks a million, Thingamagigs. :D Hunter is a VERY special girl, always has been, always will. Now my DYH MALE Sam, is JUST as cuddly, believe it or not. ;) He regularly flies over to me when I lay down on the couch, snuggles under my chin and naps with me.

I've handled and manhandled my Amazons from babies on. Sure, they don't always like it, but neither one of them have EVER bitten me hard.

Here is another picture of Mark & Hunter, taken about 12-13 years ago.
(yup, same son, minus all the facial hair, ...when he was still small, lol).

Hunter3-1.jpg

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Over my dead body, thank you very much. :D

LOL wendy :09:

how cute!!!!!!! Hunter that is :54: hahah

But that is the sweetest thing ever, such an amazing bond they have even though they dont get to see each other often! :rolleyes:

But of COURSE you meant Hunter. Gees, I wouldn't give "him" another look either looking like mountain man. :52: ;)

Oh you should see Hunter when Mark comes home. The minute she hears his voice, she starts singing, talking, whistling, fluffing up, doing flips.... It's hilarious!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
my wife can do anything with the Zons............ completely amazes me (and kills me at the same time) They are literally like playdoh with her. Best I can do is have them on my shoulder. :(

Main reason I don't have video of her with them is that she usually is just home from work when she plays with them and would kill me for taping it. :11::54:

Wharf, have you TRIED cuddling with them? What happens? I mean, how much can it hurt? :32:

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Tell mark to shave it off, or is he trying to go for that rough, wilderness look ;) LOL

awww really!! Hunter is such a sweety :D and of course she sings him her lovely jiggly puff song? ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts