ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Before I joined this forum, I knew no bird people who actually cared that my baby was gone. They assume, hey they're only like 40 bucks, why don't you just buy another one? I can never replace the feeling I got when I was only 6 years old and you came through the door, all chubby and handsome at only 6 months. That very first night you fell asleep in the drawer you were sitting in while I was next to you on the computer trying to look up pictures of birds just like you. I was still a kid and ended up naming you Tweeters. I couldn't kick you off of those seeds entirely, but you sure liked kale. You loved your little bell... Then there was that one day you flew out, I thought you were gone for good. Nope, a week later a tiny miracle came along and I found you at my front door. A lot of years passed... We got multiple budgies, another tiel, but you were still there. We shared pasta, you pooped on the keypad, I made you toys. Then that horrible day came. I would give anything to change it. The door was open, you got spooked, and flew. Up and over the neighbors, crash landing in their yard, along with a stray cat. I didnt hesitate, I jumped right over, but I was too late to get to you. The cat took you under the porch, I couldn't get under, but it didn't matter, you were already gone. I left after I don't know how long with not even anything to bury, just feathers. For a while I was crying all over the place, then I was mad at the cat. And myself. And the world. And I hope you'll forgive me, but the neighbor had caught the cat. They went out of town with the cat still in the pen. No food or anything, so I let her go. Hopefully when I set her free she didn't do any more harm. Oh, I miss you old buddy. It seemed right to finally tell people who would care and not just think of you as just a bird. :grey:

Tweeters was my best friend, and I decided to give him a proper farewell here in this thread. He was a cockatiel who never learned to say anything but man he never was quiet.... He had a bit of splayed leg, he could take off but not really land... he never took flight unless he heard a loud, sudden noise. He passed away in July 2011. I'll say more later, along with some pictures once I'm off my phone. Thank you for taking the time to read this. :grey:

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Thank you SB. Geez, I can't even pass the baby tiels anymore at the bird store. Whether it has fur or feathers, losing a pet is always so hard. :(

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
284012_172344622838912_3161492_n.jpg

This is a really bad quality photo, but....
230198_146366422103399_7420154_n.jpg

Him. :)
222796_146366272103414_2004139_n.jpg

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
155480_105841189489256_7737484_n.jpg

Just found a picture of him and Dominoe. :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
How sad.....he was a handsome whiteface boy!!! I would be heart broken too as I witness my Cracker that I handfeed myself died in my hands after being mauled by a puppy I brought home a day prior. He was a sick puppy that needed care but my Cracker I've had for 8 years since he was a baby I handfed. He was a Quaker parrot. I was completely heart broken when it happened so I know how you must feel....they're in birdie heaven now flying free...

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
that story made me cry that must have been so hard. pets are part of your family and a lot of people just don't how painful it is. thank you for sharing and hugs to you. it sounds like he had a really good life with you

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Mikey, that's horrible! :( Nobody seems to understand that 'just a bird' can bring you so much happiness.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
It's been 5 years ago but it still make me tear up when I think about him. I don't take losing a animal very lightly, it hurts me to my soul for years down the road. I still think about my past dogs and other animals I've had til this very day.....you don't want to be around me when it happens cause you would cry along with me by watching me cry as I cry hard when it's one of my babies.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
spiritbird that sounds like a really good idea

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
I'm pretty sensitive whem it comes to crying. I cry at the smallest things, so when I cry about something huge like Tweeters you can imagine how that is... I honestly don't think that any loving pet owner takes any loss lightly; I sure don't.

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Gosh that didn't work... I think. Can you guys see it? This was the day he passed. By the way I was standing by him, I wasn't the one recording. Sorry for the noise in the backround. I hope you guys can ignore my relative trying to send a letter. ;)

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Aw I am very sorry to hear about that tragic story. :( Always devastating to lose a feathered/furred friend!

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Thanks for the kind words. =)

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
What a great story. Tweeters sounds like an awesome bird!

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
PS. I can't see the video

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Yes, he was. Thanks. =)
I think I should just forget about the video, I totally failed at it. =P

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I'm so sorry. I cried reading your post.

He looks like a tiel I had growing up. His name was Lovey Dovey, and he would go "choo choo choo choo" like a train, then instead of "wooo wooo" he'd make a bunch of kisses.

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Thank you Remey. I'm sorry, too- for Puck.
Lovey Dovey sounds adorable. =)

UrbanLegend711

Aug 13, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Parrots
2012 Yellow-side Green-cheeked conure

Timneh African grey
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( I can't imagine how distraught I'd feel if Tweeter or Baby died and I've only had them for a few weeks. Our pets become our family; that is part of the magic of them. They touch our lives in ways that people can't always manage...pets give us their trust, unconditional love and they need us. Sadly pets never live long enough! My thoughts and prayers go to you, and Tweeters will live on forever in your heart and memories. He will never be forgotten.

Most Reactions

Latest posts