A Great Macaw Lovers You Video!

Dec 2, 2012
California Motherlode Area
Parrots
African Grey and Conures
A Great Macaw Lovers YouTube Video!

I found this great Hiking with Seven Macaws video on youtube. I found it to be extremely entertaining and applaud the maker. The owner of these Macaws and maker of this video could possibly be a member to this forums. I applaud this video as he has got great confidence about his Macaws. I did not mind the acoustic Metallica for background music either.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD4w_5-LRpw"]Hiking With 7 Macaw Parrots - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
What a great video! How incredible to have such trust, love & faith in each other to be able to have your birds soar through the air like that! And return to you. I watched it twice with tears in my eyes. Flight is such a wonderful gift that our birds have, and how great it must be to share that with them. We have a few free flighters on this forum, and I've always been in awe of that. Thank you for sharing such a terrific video.

GinaF

Aug 13, 2013
Utah
Parrots
B&G macaw
This is hands down the most awesome video I've ever seen and my admiration goes to the handlers. They're raising a macaw the way a bird was meant to live. They all looked so happy and healthy. I would love to do this with Blue.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I'll watch it later when I'm on my home computer... can't watch it on my phone.... :(

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Snif! That was beautiful! Just imagine how it feels to have seven glorious birds like that all looking to you and returning to you because they wan to! Snif! Snif! Need a tissue!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Chris Biro is a free-flight trainer of parrots, and is supposedly the founder of free-flight training in parrots. He's trained hundreds, if not thousands, of parrots, and has maybe lost 3 birds? Well, he could count how many on one hand from my understanding.

He was trying to help repopulate thick billed parrots and look into reintroducing them to Arizona, however, unfortunately, after a nasty divorce, he no longer has any birds.

Here's his website.

Avian Training and Flight Instruction

He is also the owner of the FreeFlight group (and Photos of FreeFlight) on Yahoo.

Yahoo! Groups

He is still willing to provide training opportunities for those interested in free-flight, however he prefers training groups of people, as I guess his price can be kind of high.

OP
M
Dec 2, 2012
Parrots
African Grey and Conures
What a great video! How incredible to have such trust, love & faith in each other to be able to have your birds soar through the air like that! And return to you. I watched it twice with tears in my eyes. Flight is such a wonderful gift that our birds have, and how great it must be to share that with them. We have a few free flighters on this forum, and I've always been in awe of that. Thank you for sharing such a terrific video.

It is a great video! I'm considering to locate the owners and invite him to join the Parrot Forums to chat about his and her relationship with these seven Macaws.

This is hands down the most awesome video I've ever seen and my admiration goes to the handlers. They're raising a macaw the way a bird was meant to live. They all looked so happy and healthy. I would love to do this with Blue.

They are taking Macaw keeping to another level. It would be great if more keepers could have that kind of relationship with their Macaws.

I'll watch it later when I'm on my home computer... can't watch it on my phone.... :(

You should.

Snif! That was beautiful! Just imagine how it feels to have seven glorious birds like that all looking to you and returning to you because they wan to! Snif! Snif! Need a tissue!

They have a phenomenal relationship with their Macaws.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Yes I've seen the videos before....I would love to live in a area where I can free flight my birds....

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Chris used to fly more than just macaws. At one point he had a flock of sun conures also free-flighted.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRuhuhENl20]Flocking Macaws & Free Flying Sun Conure Parrots - YouTube[/ame]

OP
M
Dec 2, 2012
Parrots
African Grey and Conures
Chris Biro is a free-flight trainer of parrots, and is supposedly the founder of free-flight training in parrots. He's trained hundreds, if not thousands, of parrots, and has maybe lost 3 birds? Well, he could count how many on one hand from my understanding.

He was trying to help repopulate thick billed parrots and look into reintroducing them to Arizona, however, unfortunately, after a nasty divorce, he no longer has any birds.

Here's his website.

Avian Training and Flight Instruction

He is also the owner of the FreeFlight group (and Photos of FreeFlight) on Yahoo.

Yahoo! Groups

He is still willing to provide training opportunities for those interested in free-flight, however he prefers training groups of people, as I guess his price can be kind of high.

Great information thanks for posting. I still think the Thick Bill Parrot (Rhynchopsitta pachyrhyncha) reintroduction should continue throughout their native habitat in the Southwest USA. From my recollection the program was scrapped because of predation from Goshawks on the reintroduced Parrots.

Last edited:

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I really enjoyed watching another wonderful video from Chris Brio. These videos helped me though a very dark period last fall. I have always found myself feeling very lifted and happy when watching such videos as these and still carry the dream of someday free flying Valentino my RFM.

After my Noble macaw Mihijo passed from his heart attack and before Valentino was weaned and old enough to be shipped to me I watched a lot of parrot videos on youtube. This was part of my grieving process and back then my house was empty of any parrots. This was a hard time for me and during my endless hours of watching videos I came across Chris's video of them raising Buckle a Shamrock Macaw. This video brought tears to my eyes and gave me great comfort watching this parrot grow up then taking her first flight outdoors. Here is a link to that video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze6AXtxe4Zk]Buckle, A Baby Shamrock Macaw Learns To Fly Free - YouTube[/ame]

This video will always hold a special place in my heart because I found it during a time in my life when I needed to. I really thank these people for sharing their experiences with the world like this.

I am a bird person. A parrot person. I will always be a bird person for all of my life.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Thanks for sharing that video too Monica!!! I enjoy watching all these videos!! :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
noblemacaw,

That's one of my favorite video so far!!!!!!!! Reminds me of my Nico whom I handfed too and she flies to me on command. :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I am simply awe struck! :eek:

All those videos were such a joy to watch.

What a shame that he no longer keeps parrots. :(

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
I don't know the history of Chris but it really is a shame he does not have parrots anymore. What happened to his flock? What happened to Buckle?

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
I assume he probably had to sell and rehome them. I never asked. :( He does have a FB account that you could probably message him at, although I'm not sure how often he checks it now-a-days, since he's had some negative feedback on his page. :\

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Facebook account must not be active anymore as I did a search and could not find him. Did a google search and only found other people talking about him not Chris himself. Liberty Wings was the only website I found about him. The website is pretty dated with no new interaction with it. Kind of bums me out because I would like to know more about this person but for whatever reason has stopped being active.

Last edited:

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Thanks for the link. I did send a friend request. Don't know if he will accept but I will try. The rescue I got Julio from is friends with him also. I feel bad that he no longer has parrots. I went two months without parrots and it was such a dark time for me.

Most Reactions