A new friend for Mishka

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I so wish we could put these people in a cage so they can experience dirt, rancid odors, eating only seed, dirty water and nothing to do, no love and on and on. Shame on any member here that do not understand the needs of their birds and take care of them in the proper way.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
It takes a few minutes a day, to care for a bird...........

My time spent on Mishka during a normal day

In the morning, 5 minutes to clean his night cage.
10 minutes in the kitchen, feeding him his formula. Chatting and playing.
He spends the rest of the day in his cage, I give him his pellets, and clean water.
I pop in and say hello, and change his cd, every hour.
At midday, he is fed some nuts and fruit.
If the weather is lovely, he has a shower, and sits on the balcony watching the birds.
At 5.30 he is feed dinner, while I clean his day cage. (6-8 minutes)
He is then feed some yoghurt,(takes 2 minutes). He then plays on the playpen until 7pm.
At 7pm till 8pm, I relax with him on my lap, he plays a little, then I teach him some new words.

They give us so much in return without asking for much

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Any companion, feather, furred or scaled is an honour.

You can buy them with money but the joy they bring to us day in, day out cannot be bought with all the money in the world.

They ALL ask for so little and if you are incapable of providing it, why on earth do you bring one into your home?

I will never understand it.

The world is a horrible place and I for one am glad that in our little bubble, everyone is happy and healthy. We take it for granted and just do what we need to do to keep things this way. Why is it so difficult for others?

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Wow what a super ending to a terrible week

Firstly, The incident that occurred the night before, police disturbed a break in, they ran over our roof. The police came to our complex, took statements, now the culprit will be sitting behind bars for a long long time.
We had a meeting in our apartment, proud to say we are signing up (tonight) with CPF Community Police Forum. Our body-corporate is buying us two radio's, where we have direct access to the Community Police Forum.
As I mentioned previously when the incident occurred,
within two minutes people were all over the place. At first I could not understand where these cars came from.
We were unaware that they belong to CPF. When they heard me screaming they reacted immediately. Tenant's who belong to CPF, used their radio's to make an urgent appeal for help. They just mentioned our street, that's how simple it was to call for help.
I will be operating one of the radio's, we feel safer already.

As for the dog without a kennel, I phoned the S.P.C.A. this morning, they arrived withing 1 hour, saw the condition the dog is living in and will take action tomorrow, being Saturday, and the tenants will be home.
I chatted to the guys from the S.P.C.A. told him about Bokkie, the dirty cage, water bowls etc. He will also be visiting Bokkie tomorrow, he's excuse will be, they do check up with people who own birds, saw me this week and I mentioned that a new parrot has moved into the complex.

We found out a few minutes ago, that tenants in the other complex fumigated their garage, without giving anyone notice. I will personally be talking to the tenants tomorrow, telling them how dangerous it is to fumigate, without consulting other tenants, who have pets etc.

it's Friday

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Ahhhh so glad your nightmare week is turning out brightly Ant!

I was worrying for you.

I swear to goodness, never more have I wanted to steal you and Linky + families and pets over here to live in my spare room than this week! omg hahaha!

xxxxx

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Ahhhh so glad your nightmare week is turning out brightly Ant!

I was worrying for you.

I swear to goodness, never more have I wanted to steal you and Linky + families and pets over here to live in my spare room than this week! omg hahaha!

xxxxx

You have such a kind heart Von, may God bless you for it.
I am just so tired from the the extra activities, OMG but at least everything is settled and soughted out.
Oh yeah, you had better start building a new section onto your house,
I swear if I win the Lotto, we are out of here.................

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
hiker.gif
I am packet and ready to go! But, when we win the lotto then we'll buy an island and only animals and really-really good owners are allowed. :D

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Yes Linky, I totally agree! I think a lovely island with lovely people and pets would be FAB!

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
hiker.gif
I am packet and ready to go! But, when we win the lotto then we'll buy an island and only animals and really-really good owners are allowed. :D

I am behind you 150% ALL THE WAY LINKY

OMG can you imagine the quiet, happy and carefree environment we would be living in.............

Cradle

Jan 20, 2011
the beach
Wow, really hated reading all that so i can't imagine how you felt experiencing it in person.

I can't believe this is coming out of my mouth...but in some cases parrot theft might be a good thing.

this is the first thing that came to my mind when reading about it believe it or not lol

They give us so much in return without asking for much

So true, might have to add that to my signature

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Linky thought of this long ago, I remember her talking about it!

She needs to come up with a name hehe!

It would be a given that you were on the Island Di!

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
You guys are going to need someone to wire up the huts on that island!!!!:D

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
We will have to have a big Island to fit all the wonderful members on....

Maybe we all need to win the lottery!!!

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
oh my gosh, Ant! What an awful, terrible story about Bokkie and the dog!! Gosh, You're a much better lady than I, I'm afraid I wouldn't have been so kind to her after seeing their living conditions. I may have just walked RIGHT out the door with the bird AND the dog and told her she has NO business having them in her home. I pray the SPCA is able to bring a good and positive resolution to the problem
I wanna be on the Island too!!! Can I bring Maui and Trixie too?

HI EVERYONE! I'VE MISSED ALL OF YOU SO MUCH AND I'VE WRITTEN A FEW TIMES BUT HAVEN'T HEARD TOO MUCH FROM ANYONE. HOPE YOU'RE NOT ALL ANGRY WITH ME FOR BEING GONE SO LONG. I'VE JUST BEEN SO VERY BUSY WITH MY BABY AND MY NEW GIRL TOO.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Must mention that the dog, belongs to people living in a town house, opposite us, Bokkie, the AG, lives in our complex.
If I had the power to remove them believe me I would have.
Actually sitting here, waiting for the S.P.S.A. to pop in, and keep me up to date, with what transpired regarding, the dog and Bokkie.
Of course you, Maui and Trixie will be welcome,
We had better make sure that "Our Island" is big enough to occupy everyone.

Most Reactions

Latest posts