A sweet little birdie called Lovejoy 💖

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
"Feelin' cute, might just fly over to Dad and try to land on his face and see if I can't rip it open with my tiny talons - what do y'all think??!"

View attachment 56004
Be thankful he doesn’t do this to guests 🤣😂🤣 my sun conure likes to fly over people to defecate on them. I can’t crawl into a corner fast enough. I get embarrassed easily.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Be thankful he doesn’t do this to guests 🤣😂🤣 my sun conure likes to fly over people to defecate on them. I can’t crawl into a corner fast enough. I get embarrassed easily.
Well @kme3388, Lovejoy has so far resisted the temptation to turn his tiny talons on me or any houseguests. And as for pooping, that would be the preserve of the two cockatiels and the budgie, who are all equal opportunity poopers and will poop on anyone, anytime, and anywhere. They are VERY non-discriminatory about that!! :poop::poop::poop:

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
It was a hot one in Briz Vegas today, so hot in fact that the little red rooster had not one but TWO baths, one in the cockatiel's water dish and the other in his Pyrex swimming pool. I was SO hoping that Peachie would join her handsome boyfriend for a cooling dip but she still seems to prefer the mist bottle while Lovejoy still hates it! Or maybe they just don't want their romantic canoodlings in the pool being plastered all over the interweb - who'd have thunk?! ;)

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awwwwwwwwww! ❤️❤️❤️ He does love his baths, doesn't he? And who doesn't like a cool dip in the pool on a hot day? Smart little man! :)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
All that extra time in the tub yesterday must explain why he’s looking SO handsome this morning 😍

IMG_1443.jpeg

And why Peachie is finding him particularly irresistible and is even bringing him gifts!!

ljpgiftsa.jpeg

What a lucky little rooster!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
What a Love Story!!

Clearly see why the glass pie dish is working so well!! It's the assurance of those strong net ropes holding it safely in place!!

Very happy that he is enjoying his splash time!!
Could be, Uncle Boats, could be! Or maybe he just likes the extra space the pie dish gives him to show off his roosterly magnificence to his pretty little girlfriend ;)❤️‍🔥 :love:

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
And, Yes, he should!!
As he has a sweetheart to confirm that reality every few minutes of every day!!

To be very honest, it looks like he is confirming that reality!!
The eyes tell the story, so clearly!

You are so very lucky dear friend!! So, very lucky indeed!!
Oh I know, Uncle Boats, he's been a blessing and a delight since the day we brought him home. It's not for no reason that his name is "Lovejoy!" And looking at him, it's hard to believe it's the same little birdie with the scruffy baby feathers and the messy beak we brought home last September - such a contrast between then ...

ljscruffya.jpg

and now!!

IMG_1441.jpeg

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
If we didn't know better, I'd never believe it's even the same bird in those pictures. My little Aussie nephew has grown into a most handsome rooster! ❤️

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
If we didn't know better, I'd never believe it's even the same bird in those pictures. My little Aussie nephew has grown into a most handsome rooster! ❤️
Don't forget charming. And bouncy, so very very bouncy!!! ;)

Last edited:

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
I was trying to find an app or something online that might convert the image to UV with no luck, so the "solarizing" effect on this one that @Rozalka posted a while ago was as close as I could get. I wonder if this is what they might look like in the UV range?

View attachment 55158

Rozzy's pretty smart though, she might know of an app that can convert an image to UV. I reckon they'd look pretty spectacular in the wild, my bird vet regularly takes trips up north and sees them in their natural range - I would LOVE to do that some day!!

All that extra time in the tub yesterday must explain why he’s looking SO handsome this morning 😍

View attachment 56396

And why Peachie is finding him particularly irresistible and is even bringing him gifts!!

View attachment 56398

What a lucky little rooster!
why does peachie always have that sweet little face on her!!!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Because she is a sweetheart and owns it so very well1
That she is, and yes she does, Uncle Boats! Although sometimes it seems Lovejoy may think she comes on just a little too strong and he has to hide behind his mum!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts