A topic about the "Pettubers" is a spiraling mess of insanity it become.

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Re: A topic about the "Pettubers" is a spiraling mess of insanity it become.

Oh I know. Youtube is a lost battle that you’d be wasting your time on. But you guys started talking about people with a lot of animals too and that’s not just youtubers. YouTube is most definitely not the only social media platform with the problem. I often share my new guys on social media just not YouTube. Most of the people that see what I’m sharing though are usually breeders or other enthusasists even though you still get the people that don’t get the trouble caring for a lot of animals can be. Even sharing on forums like this can convince people how awesome birds are and they ignore the threads with trouble because it’ll never happen to them. People see me share videos of Titan and go how awesome is that. Luckily I have no problem showing bites from various birds and telling them I want to strangle him on a regular basis. People do like to live in ignorance until it bites them in the butt sometimes literally.

Even if you use google 9 times out of 10 even if you don’t touch YouTube you get wrong info especially for reptiles. The only way to find good info is to wiggle into groups with experienced people willing to share but even then you get the idiots who shout wrong info at the top of their lungs. Even most books are outdated anymore. Newbies have a losing battle and are seriously lucky if they find the right info the first time around. It’s not like youtube is the only problem and most social media platforms are interconnected anymore. Various sites just back up what they say in the videos half the time too.

I deal with people that use YouTube & google as their learning experience all the time. Sometimes I literally want to bang their head into the wall to knock some sense into them haha. You’ll never get the wrong info off of anything or get people to stop sharing the wrong info. Some people are also probably followers for the spectacle not really for the learning experience. And you’ll never stop people from wanting to be entertained even at the expense of other living things. The best anyone can do is offer the right info and hope you are more convincing.

Also followers can be deceiving. I weirdly have followers on social media platforms I signed up for but never shared anything on lol

OP
ParrotGenie

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.

Oh I know. Youtube is a lost battle that you’d be wasting your time on. But you guys started talking about people with a lot of animals too and that’s not just youtubers. YouTube is most definitely not the only social media platform with the problem. I often share my new guys on social media just not YouTube. Most of the people that see what I’m sharing though are usually breeders or other enthusasists even though you still get the people that don’t get the trouble caring for a lot of animals can be. Even sharing on forums like this can convince people how awesome birds are and they ignore the threads with trouble because it’ll never happen to them. People see me share videos of Titan and go how awesome is that. Luckily I have no problem showing bites from various birds and telling them I want to strangle him on a regular basis. People do like to live in ignorance until it bites them in the butt sometimes literally.

Even if you use google 9 times out of 10 even if you don’t touch YouTube you get wrong info especially for reptiles. The only way to find good info is to wiggle into groups with experienced people willing to share but even then you get the idiots who shout wrong info at the top of their lungs. Even most books are outdated anymore. Newbies have a losing battle and are seriously lucky if they find the right info the first time around. It’s not like youtube is the only problem and most social media platforms are interconnected anymore. Various sites just back up what they say in the videos half the time too.

I deal with people that use YouTube & google as their learning experience all the time. Sometimes I literally want to bang their head into the wall to knock some sense into them haha. You’ll never get the wrong info off of anything or get people to stop sharing the wrong info. Some people are also probably followers for the spectacle not really for the learning experience. And you’ll never stop people from wanting to be entertained even at the expense of other living things. The best anyone can do is offer the right info and hope you are more convincing.

Also followers can be deceiving. I weirdly have followers on social media platforms I signed up for but never shared anything on lol

It is a widespread problem that goes beyond YouTube as same people are on most social media platforms unfortunately. The major influencers are the issues. It way different when you have a small group of followers and slip up once in a while, then make corrections and learn from mistake, then from when you have 1.6 million followers and slip up most of the time and being told by the more experience that given correct information to her the fatal mistake she maybe making and she get defensive and ignores them, then shortly animals ends up dying as a result, which happen a few times? Then using drugs like heroin and buying animals like they are designers items, while the unfortunate ones in her care are dying left and right. Then you have 3 other major PetTubers that are on other platforms as well following in the same foot steps.

It actually quite disturbing and sicken actually.

Yes we are experience, so it easy to sort through and find correct information. It not for the inexperience as production quality is good and then first that usually what comes up with millions of views, or other social media platforms.

Yes the best way to to educate people and hope in time word get around and people will start seeing past the smoke and mirrors. Unfortunately people are actually subscribing to them for the advise as well as they are quite convincing with also professional video production and not for the spectacle as other are actually asking questions and mostly young viewers. This is why its dangerous.

Last edited:
OP
ParrotGenie

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.

Wondering if this will pass? So this maybe a test? But instead of posting YouTube video of the shoddy practices by that person that committed the act, which would in turn get them views and money which we don't want to do that, as it would have the opposite effect. What about a person posting using the person video as reference with valid proof about the shoddy practices being committed that I do want people to view and the guy to get the views for it?

It not slander, or would get any of us in trouble as it just commenting on someone else video still, or at least I hope? Then won't be directly linking that video to the person that we don't want to get more view, but to the video we do want to get more views on and get example to get point across at the same time to do a good discussion on?

If this is inappropriate I will delete it, but think this is within reason and then people have a example of the issue more clearly and we can have discussion on not just one below, but others in the future?

First one and pretty sure a lot of you already know about this person and shoddy practices she always does and the one that "kiwibird" mention earlier? Might as well start off big with the queen of PetTube.

Like I said earlier let focus on the shoddy practices itself and why consider a bad practice, how it sure have been done correctly and not the person directly, unless it related to the animals in some ways and the topic which the video below is directly involve with both unfortunately and will have serious consequences if she continue down the road, for both her and her pets she has in her care.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1CpKFYgieM&t=1102s"]Taylor Nicole Dean Just Ended Her Career - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Most Reactions