May 9, 2013
Milan,mi
Parrots
Sun conure "Akiro"
Indian ring neck "Ollie"
Indian ring neck "kiwi"
Green cheek conure "squeakers"
CAG"Barney"
I'm thinking of adding a Quaker to my flock, how is their generally attitude and are they as loud as suns and ringnecks? And for you who have them how do they do with your other birds? :green2:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I have a quaker and he is no where near as loud as your birds.also the pitch of a quaker is much lower. He was 6 mo old when I bought him and had been alone in his cage. I did not get another bird till he was over a year old. I did have a canary when I bought him home but the canary doesn't come out. He and my next bird Tiki, have never been out to play together, Nor has my last bird Chiquita been out near him. The couple of times they got close enough outside of the cages there was a scuffle, so I have never tried. Tiki and Sweetie Pies cages are right next to each other about 3 inches apart. and in their cages there is no problem and when each is out they will walk across each others cages, but I am not brave enough to take chances:)

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Every parrot has his or her own unique personality, so no two Quakers will be exactly alike. They do have a reputation for being noisy, but I've only met one Quaker in a pet store who could outsquawk a Sun Conure, but I'm sure he's not the only one. My QP Ralph is relatively quiet.

Quakers can be stubborn and bossy and they can be sweet and loving, depending on their mood. They are typically intelligent and curious, and often have a devilish sense of humor. :)

Ralph is an only parrot and has no opportunity to interact with other birds, so I can't advise you on that.

Most Reactions