Adopting/Rescuing a macaw

nyspy

Nov 5, 2013
Parrots
Pretty Birdy (BG Macaw)
Duke (BG Macaw)
more than one way to skin a cat ya know? After the 3rd or 4th offer, he'll realize Mr. Backpack's price is good. lol.

Merlee

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2012
USA
The only person who will pay that price is a fool. With today's economy and the holidays coming up, it is possible the price will come down. Keep an eye out and see what happens. People may become desperate for whatever reason. I was contacted by a seller of a bird who dropped her price $200. Anything can happen if the seller is motivated enough.

Merlee

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2012
USA
I am speaking realistically. There are lots of birds needing new home. Keep looking.

I think there must be an art to purchasing items off CL or from private parties. If I were to do this again, I would not discuss money untill actually inspecting the merchandise. Then discuss price and say you are willing to pay cash. If they see you are serious, their greed may take over and negotiate. It is easier to refuse if parties have not met or seen cash in hand.

Last edited:
OP
M

MrBackpack

Aug 12, 2011
Parrots
CAG - Bobby 07-14
I am speaking realistically. There are lots of birds needing new home. Keep looking.

I think there must be an art to purchasing items off CL or from private parties. If I were to do this again, I would not discuss money untill actually inspecting the merchandise. Then discuss price and say you are willing to pay cash. If they see you are serious, their greed may take over and negotiate. It is easier to refuse if parties have not met or seen cash in hand.

I'm looking around Craigslist right now and am going to call some of the local shelters just in case.

I've never paid full price for something off of Craigslist.

Most Reactions

Latest posts