Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Step 1: obtain inexpensive digital scale with quick-tare function
20-lb-9-kg-compact-digital-scale.jpg

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/20-lb-9-kg-compact-digital-scale/407DPS20.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=CjwKEAjwxurIBRDnt7P7rODiq0USJADwjt5DanA9suRxVQfLvHdWG8YPiEi_5d8rchLfYrXYjPfQeBoCZpnw_wcB

Step 2: use hot glue to attach a T-perch with a base (let me know if you need one) to the scale.

Step 3: devise way to secure the chili to the perch. Tie it with a piece of string, put it in Gladware with lid to pry off, anything that prevents him from making off with the chili.

Step 4: push button to tare the scale, then unleash the Kraken, I mean Patagonian. He should go to it and take long enough to get the chili or treat to record his weight. You would have to be there to read it.

Could hot glue small Gladware to scale platform, let him see you put a treat inside and put the lid on and tare. Same thing, it just has to take him a few seconds to get the lid off for the treat to be weighed.

I also found fish weighing scales at Cabela's that have a hanging hook. You attach the scale to something so it hangs down, then put a hoop or boing or whatever on the bottom hook. Then if he sits on it he gets weighed. Some of them record up to eight weights so you can pick out the biggest fish for the fishing contest, but I couldn't see how it worked. Maybe it's automatic?

Fish Scales, Digital Fish Scales & Measuring Devices

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Inger, too funny. The Rb has invaded your world...

Indeed he has - and so many other birds and people I've "met" here. I find myself wondering how Alice is doing with her heart condition, is Sammy coming around yet, hoping YUM doesn't leave us for good after two tragic losses, and wishing SilverSage would post more baby bird pics! I have thoroughly descended into ParrotWorld LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Ms. K.,
I am keeping this thread link as a reference of ideas. I do have a tare scale, and you just got me to learn how to work the tare function. AHHHHHHHHHH... a big innovation... securing chile to perch (and I have a portable t-perch). I will now experiment with ways to mount the chile. Maybe look for treat-clip thingies. I think that has a lot of promise.
Rb doesn't like boings or swings... litle creep.

Inger, ain't it the truth?
What's BB up to? Is Gus feeling okay? Gee, we have great Modertors. Is Julio getting more handsome with a spring moult? What's Salty's next trick? I just love the POTMs. I gotta get a MAY entry for the Rb. Is Nigel getting Rice Krispies? Where's Yum? How's Beatrice's flock? Does Poppy have a new hat? How are Anansi's Eclecti? Is Parker flying a lot? When will Raven post another photo of her Bronze-wing? Where's Chaska been? How are Buddy, Venus and Buzz getting along? I wish I had pictures of Sage's Zebras. I wonder what airline Scott pilots for? What's the 57 for in Terry's name? Gee, Kentuckienne is such a smart person. I wonder what happened to that poor bird whose new owner was... (fill in the blank)????

I love you guys!

Most Reactions