african grey

MustangSally

Jul 10, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Parrots
TAG--Beamer
Also try A Place to Call Home Parrot Rescue in Creston, TAILS Humane Society in DeKalb, and Fur Angels Animal Sanctuary in Aurora. Good Luck!

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
Have you considered birdbreeders.com? Most breeders will ship their babies and it's actually not as bad as it sounds.

My Pionus came to me (Indiana) from a breeder in Texas and he was just fine. Even had a flight change in between.

Also, my YNA will be shipped from New York.

OP
G

god61021

Aug 8, 2011
illinois
Parrots
red rumped parakeet
ok the northbrook rescue website hasnt been updated since 2008 but I will call them to see, the creston shelter told me they will not travel this far, and the shelters in aurora and dekalb only have parakeets and cockatiels but im gonna give them my name or something incase they get something else in. (how the heck did my words get all wonky?) anyway I appreciate everyones help finding shelters in my area some of them I didnt even know about.

jonahsmom

Jun 18, 2012
Parrots
Buddy - green cheek conure; Luna - yellow crowned amazon; Bella - miniature dachshund; Schatzie - affenpinscher; RIP Boudreaux - timneh african grey
Keep trying! I got 3478394739 scam emails but finally did find an actual person and we're going to pick up our new grey on Saturday. :D So don't let the scammers discourage you. Our little guy that we're picking up is 20ish yrs old and we cannot WAIT!!!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts