Aggression or curiousity? how to introduce parrots?

Doris48

Feb 15, 2012
Kansas
Parrots
Twitter, 3yo greencheek conure..Paco 15yo Orangewing Amazon.
So I let my greenie out and she was hanging on my shoulder like she used to before she laid eggs.
But as soon as Paco saw her on my shoulder he started acting agitated, he was in the kitchen on his perch.He promptly wanted up, so I let him get on my hand and started talking to him.
First off I gave a kiss to Twitter, then reached over to give a kiss to PAco and he opened his beak to bite me.I told him no and put him down.
He kept flying to my arm and bit my hand when Twitter reached over to nibble my ear(could have been a coincidence).
NOW Paco is only friendly to me when hubby isnt home, so I dont think he is that jealous.But I could be wrong.He does follow me around like a lost puppy during the day, rarely letting me out of his sight.
I didnt let him up on my shoulder because in all honesty I wasnt sure if he was jealous or not and worried he might bite my face with Twitter on the other side.
How do you introduce birds? I would be devastated if Paco hurt Twitter.But It would be nice if I could let them out at the same time.Up to now Ive gave most my attentions to Paco since Twitter was so busy with all her hormones and eggs and such.Paco came from a home with other large parrots, so he must be used to them to some extent.
Im not really prepared to deal with aggression here.:mad:

Most Reactions