Alex and Yuki pic time!

gemini84

Oct 27, 2012
north qld, Australia
Parrots
alexandrines : Oxy, Bruno, prince (was princess)
they are absolutely beautiful, i love looking at these amazing beautiful birds. just think on a few months you will have no trouble telling them apart as alex will have his beautiful ring.
me on the other hand, it easy atm as prince has his full ring, bruno has a partial ring and my baby oxy has none. am looking at getting oxy dna'd soon to see if my baby boy actually is my baby boy. things will be a bit more difficult once bruno has his full ring and if oxy too turns out to be a boy and he gets his rings. although they all do have some slight differences, oxy is missing a nail (got caught in breeders hair as a baby, bruno is stocky and prince is very sreamline. i have attatched a few pics of my flock too.

thats them with hubby (they love him)
and the solo pic is prince

Last edited:
OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
Such pretty pictures!
How did you introduce your alexs to your conure? I get so nervous with that big beak!

Why thank you! : D
First I showed my alex's my conures while they were in their cage. I did the same thing visa versa. Just to see if there was any aggression between the group. I didn't see anything. So after that I placed their cages close to each other and they loved it! : D So afterwards I let alex and yuki on their playstand and while I hand my conure in my hand I showed them to each other. I did this visa versa. There was also no aggression to each. And before I knew it I saw that alex had made his way to my conures playstand. He also started preening them. I guess he went the extra step :p So next I allowed Yuki to be with them and they got along so well! : D

Here is the video! :) it's very bad! Its not windy AT ALL today, so Ozzie did had a little trouble lifting himself up as that he's flight feathers are still clipped :(

Mum is now thinking on leaving Ozzie flighted! She said as long as Ozzie can be potty trained, she'll agree on not clipping! Yay!

I'll take a better video next time when he's feathers grows out more! And he can only fly to this far today as he is only in the backyard. I'll see if I can bring him to the park next time so he have more space to fly! Looking forward to Ozzie's feathers grows out! :D

http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/us...c5633.mp4.html

The video didn't work : (
I'm going to train yuki and alex then I'll leave them flighted : D
I want to do recall training :D

Alex is soooo adorable, I've noticed the black feathers, Alex's mouse scared me for a second, but I just realized that it was his beak that was very big :D
Nice pictures though :) I hope to be seeing more photos of Alex and yuki :)
Hehe thanks : D He has it right near his beak. He also has pink feathers at the back of his neck. :p Yes he does have a very big beak! : D He is such a gentle guy.

they are absolutely beautiful, i love looking at these amazing beautiful birds. just think on a few months you will have no trouble telling them apart as alex will have his beautiful ring.
me on the other hand, it easy atm as prince has his full ring, bruno has a partial ring and my baby oxy has none. am looking at getting oxy dna'd soon to see if my baby boy actually is my baby boy. things will be a bit more difficult once bruno has his full ring and if oxy too turns out to be a boy and he gets his rings. although they all do have some slight differences, oxy is missing a nail (got caught in breeders hair as a baby, bruno is stocky and prince is very sreamline. i have attatched a few pics of my flock too.

thats them with hubby (they love him)
and the solo pic is prince

Hehe I really can't wait till alex gets his ring! They are just so beautiful! : D
Your boys are just gorgeous. Hehe I bet your really wanting to know what Oxy is. I'm sure you would be able to tell them apart : D

They are gorgeous! Love that Alex is trying to eat the camera, Floyd is always trying to chew on my phone.
Hehe thank you! : D He just loves trying to break my things esp the camera. XD He is afraid of my phone as it lights up xD

OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
DSCN0410_zps5216a4d9.jpg

This is Yuki, she hates my brother. She use to love him until one day he ate peanuts in front of her and not giving her any. She was really begging for peanuts but her didn't give in. After that she hasn't liked him. My brother came over and took this picture. She gets like this when she sees him. By the way she is in her outside aviary/cage. She gets to go in their on nice sunny days :)

LoveMyParrots

Dec 29, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Ozzie - alexandrine parakeet
DSCN0410_zps5216a4d9.jpg

This is Yuki, she hates my brother. She use to love him until one day he ate peanuts in front of her and not giving her any. She was really begging for peanuts but her didn't give in. After that she hasn't liked him. My brother came over and took this picture. She gets like this when she sees him. By the way she is in her outside aviary/cage. She gets to go in their on nice sunny days :)

Haha! That pic of Yuki is so adorable!

OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
DSCN0410_zps5216a4d9.jpg

It is isn't it? : D
She is just full of character. She looks so cute when she gets like that. :p

LoveMyParrots

Dec 29, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Ozzie - alexandrine parakeet
DSCN0410_zps5216a4d9.jpg

I can't believe that she doesn't like your brother anymore just because he didn't give her a nut! What a interesting personality! :D

Oh and, I'm not too sure about feeding peanuts. I have heard scary stories about how some parrot got very sick and even died from it. :|

OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand

I can't believe that she doesn't like your brother anymore just because he didn't give her a nut! What a interesting personality! :D

Oh and, I'm not too sure about feeding peanuts. I have heard scary stories about how some parrot got very sick and even died from it. :|

Haha I know aye! She really does have a one of a kind personality.
I rarely give my fids peanuts. My brother use to give it to them from time to time for treats. I haven't heard that peanuts could get your fid sick D:
I guess I won't give it to them anymore, ill stick to sun flower seeds :p

gemini84

Oct 27, 2012
north qld, Australia
Parrots
alexandrines : Oxy, Bruno, prince (was princess)
Hehe I really can't wait till alex gets his ring! They are just so beautiful! : D
Your boys are just gorgeous. Hehe I bet your really wanting to know what Oxy is. I'm sure you would be able to tell them apart :

ty ash. i was really looking forward to the surprise and anticipation of oxy gender, but now we have the 2 new boys we have decided to get him dna'd incase he is a she. im not wanting to breed my babies, especially considering prince is oxy's half brother and bruno may be his uncle, but i also dont want to lose that bond i have worked really hard to build with oxy. i have also read about the risks of him becoming eggbound etc etc. getting him dna'd is just for a heads up

Most Reactions