Alexandrine and other birds..

kobe629

Jul 25, 2011
Parrots
Monte - Queen of Bavaria
Willow - Blue and Gold Macaw
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and I currently have a golden conure and my wife and I fell in love with a alexandrine. I was wondering if any of you guys have a alexandrine or advise mixing other birds. The alexandrine is a 4 year old rehomed bird seems really friendly and talks and waves hi.. I brought my bird to meet him and they just stood apart and stared at each other but I'm kinda scared when I bring him home..I also don't know if my golden is a male or female and I don't really care but now I'm thinking of have the golden DNA tested since I am going to have a male alexandrine.

I am in the process of buying a cage for the alexandrine but I was wondering if they could share a stand. I have a manzanita stand that my golden uses and I would like for them to share it..My golden is 1 year old she is my baby so sweet. This alexandrine can step but you can't pet her I'm just thinking because she doesn't trust me yet..

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
We have an Alex as well as a CAG and red-front macaw. Each of our birdies has her own cage so there's a place for "me" time. Max, the Alex, is kind of grouchy and stnad-offish with the other 2. But they aren't aggressive toward each other - at least not more than your average siblings. He doesn't play with the other 2, but he and Jade will share the same perch from time to time. Max and Ruby do not get along. Again, they aren't really aggressive toward each other, but they don't like each other.

Short answer - it depends on the birds' personalities and whether they like each other or not. But there really isn't any reason that they shouldn't be able to share a stand.

Note: remember to quarantine for at least 30 days. No contact between the birds and keep them in separate rooms. At least wash your hands when going from handling one to handling the other.

OP
kobe629

kobe629

Jul 25, 2011
Parrots
Monte - Queen of Bavaria
Willow - Blue and Gold Macaw
We have an Alex as well as a CAG and red-front macaw. Each of our birdies has her own cage so there's a place for "me" time. Max, the Alex, is kind of grouchy and stnad-offish with the other 2. But they aren't aggressive toward each other - at least not more than your average siblings. He doesn't play with the other 2, but he and Jade will share the same perch from time to time. Max and Ruby do not get along. Again, they aren't really aggressive toward each other, but they don't like each other.

Short answer - it depends on the birds' personalities and whether they like each other or not. But there really isn't any reason that they shouldn't be able to share a stand.

Note: remember to quarantine for at least 30 days. No contact between the birds and keep them in separate rooms. At least wash your hands when going from handling one to handling the other.

Thanks for the reply.

Most Reactions