Update and question!

miloslave

May 17, 2010
South Africa - Cape Town
Parrots
Mustache Parakeet - Milo
CAG - Charlie
Ok, so Milo finally got a new friend to keep him company while his mommy is at work! I spoke to the clinic for exotic animals yesterday, and they strongly advised me not to get the wild mustache female, as she would bewilder Milo by flapping around her cage. They told me to rather get a tame budgie of cocatiel. So during lunch I just popped into the petshop around the corner from work. They had some cocatiels on display and out of pure curiousity I asked how tame they are. Turns out they were wild, but, she was currently handrearing 2 babies, six weeks old, and then she showed me..... And then me and baby went home together, obviously. When I got home, Milo, from afar, decided the best course of action woud be: If I stare at that thing long enough, without moving, maybe it will go away...." :mad:

View attachment 2046

Can anyone tell me what kind of mutation or not my new baby is? And I understand the faces changes colour after their first molt, but does the rest of the body as well?

Last edited:

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Couldn't tell you what 'type' of cockatiel she(?) is but she's certainly a cutie, can tell she's only young too!

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Looks like a cinnamon but I could be wrong, super cute though :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
That's a regular grey. Look under the wings and check the yellow dots, if it goes from primary all the way to the body its a female, if its half, partial or none, its a boy. Once they go through their first molt only the male will change color a bit, not the female.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Forgot to add, only the male sing! But that won't happen for awhile....

OP
miloslave

miloslave

May 17, 2010
South Africa - Cape Town
Parrots
Mustache Parakeet - Milo
CAG - Charlie
Will take a look when I get home tonight. Finally decided on a name.... Peanut.... cause thats what it looks like! Milo is really not impressed by the new addition, I got a nice bite when I left home just now just to let me know that this won't do!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
You will enjoy the new addition Peanut. I have a pair raising chicks right now, the daddy tiel's name used to be Peanut but we changed it to Max.

Most Reactions

Latest posts