All you Goffin Cockatoo lovers or owners, I have a question.

gizzygirl

Jul 23, 2013
MO
Parrots
Ayla, Jondalar (tiels), Lucy ( BG macaw), Phoenix (Camilla macaw), n Gizmo, Annie (Goffin toos)
I guess mine are so quiet because 1 is a baby and the other who's 3 I've only had for 2 days and is still adjusting. Still will be quieter than my macaws!!!! :)

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Ok I we will consider them! Well a baby that is.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
My macaws yap more then scream. They tend to scream to irritate my partner, especially Willie does it on purpose....Most of the time you'll just hear my macaws talk and make funny noises. They will scream IF the doors is open, I dunno why....

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
An yes I remember how much the B&G macaws were talking at the parrot shop I go to. They had a story to tell! Mikey, that's so funny that Willie will be the boss over your partner! Well at least he thinks he's the boss!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Yes Willie have been doing it for YEARS! IF my partner is on the phone, Willie screams, if my partner stands too close to his cage he screams, if Willie wants his treats he screams at my partner (he accepts treats from my partner really good), he just screams at my partner all the time....lol.....Willie rarely screams while I'm on the phone, sometimes but not most of the time. He's a tad crazy I guess....

Annageckos

Jul 4, 2012
PA, USA
Parrots
Ziva - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Parakeets can be great birds. I had a handfed male for over ten years. He was so sweet and loved everyone. I had cockatiels too, but they were not tame. It's been years since I've had keets but I remember them making more noise then my GCC does now. Maybe not loud, but constant, always chirping and tweeting.

gizzygirl

Jul 23, 2013
MO
Parrots
Ayla, Jondalar (tiels), Lucy ( BG macaw), Phoenix (Camilla macaw), n Gizmo, Annie (Goffin toos)
I thought my macaws screamed but our breeder came over and said nope, they're talking, vocal for sure, n happy. I can't imagine them screaming! !!! =-O

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
I remember, before my budgie got sic, he used to sing all the time :) but then after he got sic and pasted away..... it was.... silent..... so.... quiet..... :( that's always hard....

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
My Goffins was not normal. He was a foster bird. He was a highly neurotic plucker. We never heard a peep out of him in the entire time we had him.

Not a peep. He even spoke in a whisper.

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
Our cocktails can be louder then our Goffins quite often. I really only think they're loud when I want to sleep lol. Me and gizzygirl have 2 macaws also so the goffins are silent compared to them and the one male cockatiel

Peachybirdlove

Nov 4, 2013
Peaches, is not loud 24/7 but, sometimes she has moments when she gets loud! But, overall I wouldn't trade all the noise and stuff like that for anything! Just remember before buying any bird always do lots of research, because rescues are already full with birds no one wants. But I wish u and your family the best of luck! Have fun with the bird you get!

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Thank you! We are deciding between a bird or a baby bunny. If we got a bunny, I would half to wait till Joey dies and I really don't want him to die any time soon but he is 6 now :'( but I would love a pet someday soon so it's a dilemma. There is a bunny around here that has deformed feet and is very slow so if I catch Tiny Tim (thats what i named him)I will keep him.

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
I would LOVE to but my dad doesnt because he wants them to be the way we want them to be trained. But when I grow up, I will adopt Holmes abused birds and foster them. Good idea thoe.

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
We might get a goffin! I am crossing my fingers on this! Now I just need to make $800 does anyone have any ideas? They are great breeders of cockatoos and caiques! But I probably won't get one till summer but I hope sooner!

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Thank you! I will look at that site you posted! I will try to post pics but I don't really know how. I'll try! :)

Most Reactions