All you Goffin Cockatoo lovers or owners, I have a question.

MenomaMinx

Oct 20, 2013
New Jersey
Parrots
Kumiko the Calico Macaw DNA sexed female 8 years old:On her second month as a service animalรขโ‚ฌโ€œI'm very proud of her:-)
I much prefer bare eyed cockatoos, which have a similar look, slightly larger size, and more African grey like intelligence expression of personality. There's three subspecies of those particular birds to pick from.

The goffins I've met in stores have less than impressed me;however, there's been a recent scientific study proving these are highly intelligent birds.

My point is, if you're going by look factor, you have other cockatoo subspecies to choose from. Ultimately it's going to be the personality of the bird overall it's going to make your overall decision, even if you do decide on specific subspecies of cockatoo to only consider.

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Yes BE2 are pretty awesome, smart, and adorable! :D but they aren't common around here :( But I wish!

Kimmied

Sep 7, 2013
PA
Parrots
I have one umbrella cockatoo. A female 3 years old named Mina.
If you don't want loud you don't want a bird. Save yourself the trouble and the bird the heartache and get a cat! That quiet if you neuter it.

Most Reactions