Almonds and other nuts for low fat content

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Hello
I am using raw almonds as treats / training for Moses , mu buddy,
IMG_20191029_163544.jpg
and DAV service companion. I wish to use almonds for treat and training.
?Can anyone advise exactly what kind of almonds are to be used (i am using raw almonds found on amazon shopping)?
Also is there a better nut or treat with low fat content.
Thank you and God Bless All God's Creations especially our fine feathered friends:)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Walnuts and pistachios are really low in fats. My Amazon Salty loves walnuts, he gets a whole one every day, with his breakfast. He does not like 'stachios though. His favorite treat is small pieces of pine nuts, thats what we use for training treats. He would plow the back 40 for a pine nut!

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Walnuts and pistachios are really low in fats. My Amazon Salty loves walnuts, he gets a whole one every day, with his breakfast. He does not like 'stachios though. His favorite treat is small pieces of pine nuts, thats what we use for training treats. He would plow the back 40 for a pine nut!
Hello
I read and Vet told me almonds were better than walnuts for our buddy parrots, i used to give walnuts (less than a whole one for the whole day, then switched to less than 1 almond a day.
Are walnuts more fattening than almonds?
Walnuts vs Almonds - The Battle Of The Super-Nuts!
If you can only choose one nut, then almonds have slightly fewer calories per serving than walnuts, and almonds also offer more protein and fiber per serving,

Walnuts contain a slightly higher amount of fat than almonds but provide more energy in the form of calories. Almonds contain 14 grams of fat and 164 calories whereas walnuts contain approximately 18 grams of fat but give 185 calories.
Thank you for your suggestion and God Bless
Larry Kiceina

Most Reactions

Latest posts