Almost a sunmommy

SunMommy

Nov 6, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Pyro, my new baby sun conure
Hi My name is Amber. I have already made a couple posts on here so sorry for any repetition. I am getting a baby sun conure from an out of state breeder. My baby bird is 8 weeks old now and has started to wean. I'm so very excited to meet my new companion. I have everything set up and ready and everyday when I get home from work I go over to the cage and mess around with things and feel sad that I don't have a birdie friend in there yet. Soon though. My husband thinks I'm crazy. He's very excited about getting a bird too. In fact he's the one that found this forum for me. I know these little guys are loud, beaky and bossy. I am too, so we should get along great. :D

I have two children. An 11 year old girl and 5 year old boy. They are both very excited, especially my daughter. I am a little worried about my son's activity level being a little stressful on the bird. My son is very very active and loud ALL the time. I have the cage in the living room and this is where my family spends a lot of time. We watch TV, use the computer, listen to music and play video games in this room. I know it is best to have birds where the family is, so that's why I opted to have it in the living room. I think if WE are too much for the bird, I will move the cage. My family is very loud, so I'm sure our conure will learn form us and be even louder. :eek:

I look forward to posting updates once my baby conure arrives!

melinda

Aug 10, 2011
TN
Parrots
5 year old cockatoo Chloe and 3 year old sun conure Joe Joe
Khloe 15 year old orange wing amazon
Sounds like my house lol. Birds will copy what the house is doing so if everyone is going full blast he will too. my sun loves my kids 7 year old boy and 4 year old girl. He wants to be in the middle of everything that happens.

Most Reactions