Sep 30, 2018
New Jersey
Parrots
Family owned, son...lovebird, Tiberius
Chicken, Chelsea
Daughter, ...spectacled Amazon...Cooper, chickens...Bogart and Jim
All kids, 4 keets...Bluebird, Graybird, Cricket, Somthing
Twins chickens...
My yellow sided green cheek has these bright orange/yellow areas on what I would call both shoulders. It that normal? C640F9CD-D725-4D86-B852-303FB3860510.jpg

3780A2FF-CA36-43AC-BCF3-91B05CB9C113.jpg

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I think it's normal because yellow sided can have more or less yellow color

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Yes, Yellow-Sided Green Cheeks develop all kinds of different colors all over them as they mature; the most common colored "patches" or spots that show-up on the Yellow-Sided Green Cheeks are the shoulder spots that you're referring to here, and an orange/red patch on each side of their face/head right in front of their ears. Also, their bellies/chests change colors too, some more-so than other; usually their bellies and chests turn from a very bright red to a lot of bright yellow and even some tan. So you'll probably be seeing him change his coloring all over his body after he's done with his first really huge molt after going through puberty, and this is all completely normal for a Yellow-Sided Green Cheek...my Bowie is now 2 years and 3 months old, and he looks very, very different than what he looked like when I first brought him home at 12 weeks old...

OP
Animewookie

Animewookie

Sep 30, 2018
New Jersey
Parrots
Family owned, son...lovebird, Tiberius
Chicken, Chelsea
Daughter, ...spectacled Amazon...Cooper, chickens...Bogart and Jim
All kids, 4 keets...Bluebird, Graybird, Cricket, Somthing
Twins chickens...
Thank you😊