Amazon Identification please

GorgeousGeorge

Oct 6, 2012
Cannock, Staffordshire
Parrots
Amazon
Hi all :)
We have just bought ourselves a beautiful Amazon parrot called George and we'd like a little help in identifying what type of Amazon he is?
I have attached a pic, the only but you can't see is he has a bright orangey color over the top of his wings (when wings folded in).
He is a fab young man, but he does seem to have a slightly 'tatty' looking beak, so any advice on this also appreciated :)
Many thanks xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 121

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Hello and welcome to the forum:) Congrats on your new addition.

He is either a Bluefront or an Orange wing Zon.

How old is he?

OP
G

GorgeousGeorge

Oct 6, 2012
Cannock, Staffordshire
Parrots
Amazon
We were told he's approx 3 years old, when we got him he was in a cage that was totally too small for him. He is now in a nice big cage with lots of toys and is slowly settling in. We've had him 2 weeks and he has only just began to explore the cage, he basically stayed in the corner as if he was living in his old cage space. He really is wonderful young man :)

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
It sounds like he has now come to a lovely home :)

Just give him time, he will soon adjust and eventually he will put his trust in you:)

Make sure you provide him with plenty of Toys to keep him occupied and plenty of Fruit and Veggies :)

OP
G

GorgeousGeorge

Oct 6, 2012
Cannock, Staffordshire
Parrots
Amazon
Ahhh I'm glad you said that as he has a swing in his cage but hasn't used it yet so we were going to take it out, but we'll leave it in for him. He favours hanging upside down on his rope toys lol :)

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
You will probably find that once he eventually goes on his swing, that will be his favourite spot.

Another good one is a bell.. My Zon Codie, bashes the living daylights out of hers and it is her favourite Toy.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Welcome to Parrotforums! :) And HELLO gorgeous George! He's a Blue Fronted Amazon, I'm quite sure of it.

Amazons are SO much fun - the most fun loving birds I know ;) I've got 2 of them and get never bored watching their antics, listening to them chatter.

Yes, they love to swing. Upright, sideways, upside down, too. And they love their toys.

Oh and we all here LOVE pictures. (hint...hint..)

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Welcome to you and George! :) He is a handsome Amazon. George is a nice name for an Amazon. I was blessed to share 40 years of my life with a Yellow-crowned Amazon also named George. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts