Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Both of our zons are rescues, and although Slater doesn't like me at all yet, he is getting better. I know he had a horrible life before he came to us and I was expecting for us to have to work with him. Dexter, our other guy, is the sweetest bird in the world. He has never tried to bite us, and is actually very quiet. I think that when someone adopts any animal, they should not only do research first, but not consider that animal to be disposable, passed off to someone else.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I didn't mean to come off harsh in my previous post, as I do believe that rehoming is best if some one else can provide a better home.

OP
KevH

KevH

Aug 31, 2013
ENGLAND
Parrots
5 year old CAG GIZMO
4 year old DYHA RIO
2 year old YELLOW NAPE RUBY
4 month old greenwing macaw Myha
2 year old CAG ROXY
12 year old rescue CAG MARLEY
15 year old rescue CAG SMOKEY
i tried the rescue with jasper he was 18 months old i wasnt blaming the speices just stating the facts that most people including myself buy them before research i had a CAG before jasper and assumed things would be the similar boy was i wrong and i kick myself for doing that got talked into it by the breeder saying how friendly the bird was and he was for 2 weeks then out of the blue lunges bites it was scary have children didnt want it happening to them.

autum_howard

Jun 25, 2013
Coldspring, TX
Parrots
Double Yellow Headed Amazon
I did a lot of research before i got my zon, she is my first bird, i love her and would not trade her for anything, she is not a teddy bear, but she is not a monster either, i may may be wrong, but imo it doesn't matter what type of pet you have behavior problems are almost always the pet owner's fault (current or previous) and i'm not saying that birds are comparable to dogs or cats, but if i had never owned a dog i most certainly wouldn't buy one without doing research, i'm not trying to be mean, but honestly i don't really think the problem is lack of research, i think its lack of responsibility, its the glamour, people know the consequences of their actions and just don't care about them at the time, its a rose colored glasses thing, but thats just my 2 cents

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
That is why I got a yellow shouldered amazon, they are supposed to be nice. Mine doesn't have a mean bone in his body yet.

Most Reactions